Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
May 6, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #11,072 of 22,954
These are much better than the sennheiser ie800. The senns are nothing special to justify that price point. The Shures definitely are. Have to get them back and adjust to life with iems over my ears. The sound was truly exceptional.

Question: Does the iPhone cable work with these, and if so, does the sound degrade if i use that cable?

May 6, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #11,073 of 22,954

By the way, the bass on these are unmatched. If the sennheiser ie800 has similar bass, then I don't mind saving a few bucks to opt for a wear down cable iem (my preference).

The Senns' have got a bit more bass, especially in the fundamental tone area. Additionally, they have more or less recessed mids and obviously raised upper highsm therefore you could definitely say that the Senns have got a v-shaped sound signature.

Quality-wise, the Shure's bass is more precise and dryer than the Senn's bass. 

Propably you will get used to that cable which is worn over the ear.

Quote:
  These are much better than the sennheiser ie800. The senns are nothing special to justify that price point. The Shures definitely are. Have to get them back and adjust to life with iems over my ears. The sound was truly exceptional.

Question: Those the iPhone cable work with these, and if so, does the sound degrade if i use that cable?

I kinda knew it. 
wink.gif

The IE 800 is an awesome iem with a dynamic driver but can't compete with the better multi-ba iems.

What iPhone cable do you mean? The black one by Shure? Sure, it does, and no, the sound doesn't degrade.

May 6, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #11,074 of 22,954

I kinda knew it. 
wink.gif

The IE 800 is an awesome iem with a dynamic driver but can't compete with the better multi-ba iems.

What iPhone cable do you mean? The black one by Shure? Sure, it does, and no, the sound doesn't degrade.

Awesome! Thanks.

I am coming from a pair of Aurisonics Rockets (dynamic driver) and I felt it sounded better than the ie800. The Shures were just on another level completely. They sounded better than even the Oppo PM-3 i tried out a week or so back. 

May 6, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #11,075 of 22,954

Awesome! Thanks.

I am coming from a pair of Aurisonics Rockets (dynamic driver) and I felt it sounded better than the ie800. The Shures were just on another level completely. They sounded better than even the Oppo PM-3 i tried out a week or so back. 

The source with a certain iem plays very important role.The se846 and ie800 have different sound signatures  but the se846 certainly are not on another level.There are things that it does better and vice versa.

May 7, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #11,077 of 22,954

I mean, it's not like I'm using an intense amount of force to put them in my ears, but it's not like they slide in like butter either. The triple flange sleeves I think make that nearly impossible. I'm starting to get really anxious for the sensaphonics though, I just can't wait!

Also, I'm wondering if about the creaking we started talking about two different issues? Some people were mentioning the cables, but I was referring to the metal ring around the nozzle, nothing with the cabling. I'm just a bit confused on what exactly everyone was referring to. Were some of you referring to the connection between the cable and the monitor? If so, what was that issue?

In my case it happens so rarely I just ignore it. I never found out if it is the cable connection but I suspect it is. It only happens when i reach in to adjust the monitor in my ear and then only seldom. I do not really even consider that it is a problem. 

May 7, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #11,080 of 22,954

I'd love to hear that story.  Didn't know there was a 60-year Strat though I should've figured.

From the dread wikipedia:
The Fender Stratocaster is a model of electric guitar designed in 1954 by Leo FenderBill CarsonGeorge Fullerton, and Freddie Tavares. The Fender Musical Instruments Corporation has manufactured the Stratocaster continuously from 1954 to the present. It is a double-cutaway guitar, with an extended top "horn" shape for balance. Along with the Gibson Les Paul, it is one of the most often copied electric guitar shapes.[1][2] "Stratocaster" and "Strat" are trademark terms belonging to Fender.

May 7, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #11,081 of 22,954

I'd love to hear that story.  Didn't know there was a 60-year Strat though I should've figured.

Not going into what happened with Fender here, but a pic of my Strat!  To bring on topic, my three prized possessions of the moment, 846s, Hugo & Strat :wink:

May 7, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #11,082 of 22,954
  is there any quality cable out there with an in line remote for iphone? I guess this is different target groups but maybe such a thing exists.

http://www.null-audio.com/collections/iem-headphone-cable/products/lune-series-mkiii-premium-upgrade-cable-for-earphones

May 7, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #11,084 of 22,954
sorry to ask few questions maybe it has been asked many times before

so i modded the blue filter and its sounds better as people said here, it took 5 seconds pretty easy

1- now i was wondering modding the black filter what effect it has?

2-also another question what other than comply and westone tip are out there to try what is the best tips other than those

3-and from where can i order the spinfits

4- good cable that adds more warmth to mids and tightens bass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back