Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Oct 27, 2018 at 2:51 AM Post #19,611 of 22,945
Trying again...

Mark, what do you feel is better about the BTR3 than the ES100 that makes you use it more often? Also:

1. Which one sounds louder with the same earphones?
2. What is the output impedance for the BTR3? (I know that that for the ES100 is 0.5-1 Ohm.)
3. Which one has lower S/N ratio (less hissing noise)?
4. Which one has longer battery time?
5. Which one sounds more like the wired connection to an iPhone (in terms of sound quality, not loudness)?

Anything else that is worth sharing about the two? Thanks.

I’ve been switching between the Radsone ES100 and the FiiO BTR3 and they both work very well with the SE846. The ES100 has more bells and whistles but the BTR3 is better built. I mostly reach for the BTR3 nowadays.

Oct 27, 2018 at 8:09 AM Post #19,612 of 22,945
This is the second time you posted your list of questions. Four out of five of the questions you can easily answer yourself by comparing the two product specs.

Sorry, Head-Fi isn't your personal research assistant.

Trying again...

Mark, what do you feel is better about the BTR3 than the ES100 that makes you use it more often? Also:

1. Which one sounds louder with the same earphones?
2. What is the output impedance for the BTR3? (I know that that for the ES100 is 0.5-1 Ohm.)
3. Which one has lower S/N ratio (less hissing noise)?
4. Which one has longer battery time?
5. Which one sounds more like the wired connection to an iPhone (in terms of sound quality, not loudness)?

Anything else that is worth sharing about the two? Thanks.

Oct 27, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #19,614 of 22,945
Mark, in case you did not figure out, I was hoping to hear the answers from someone who actually happened to own both devices and had direct and personal experience with them, to learn from his experience, rather than simply reading the specs which, FYI, I did anyway. We all know that the specs are ‘relative’, so to speak - you do know this, too, Mark, don’t you? - and listening to devices is the better way to evaluate them.

Rest assured, I do appreciate your friendliness and helpfulness.

This is the second time you posted your list of questions. Four out of five of the questions you can easily answer yourself by comparing the two product specs.

Sorry, Head-Fi isn't your personal research assistant.

Oct 29, 2018 at 7:52 AM Post #19,618 of 22,945
I've been using RMCE-BT2 with my SE-535's in Japan for the past week. I liked the predecessor model, and this new one cleans up the small downsides of the previous one.

In particular, the noise floor on the RMCE-BT2 is much lower than the previous model. It is now undetectable, for practical use.

Battery life is much better than the previous model, and the overall refinement is very good. The pendant clip is quite effective and when properly worn you simply do not notice the wires. The symmetry of the unit is better all around for comfort and unobtrusiveness.

Overall, very good.

Zero dropout (with iPhone Xs) even when walking around parts of Shinjuku and on the JR Yamanote line trains, which sometimes bring other bluetooth devices to their knees. This might be one of the most RF-intensive environments on the planet- for example, my Sony WF1000X's slave unit routinely cut out here (and only here)- but zero issues with the Shure BT2.

Max VU level is a bit lower on this model that with the previous BT1 model, but I would venture that max volume with either approaches danger levels depending on your source material.

The battery lasted through the entire return flight from NRT to SEA yesterday, with room to spare,

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back