Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Oct 29, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #19,621 of 22,945
Anyone paired these with an SE100, I'm not a fan of bright sounds and I have nowhere I can test a pair of 846's without buying them.

I have a set of 846's I use exclusively with a Sony WM1Z but I have tested them with the SE100. I personally like rolled off laid back highs, and use the black filter most of the time but drop in the blue filter occasionally, without going into too much detail the Sony has a much more refined full body sound with deeper mid's, bass and sub-bass all without being bloated or muddy, with very laid back-warm highs, I absolutely think they pair perfectly. Being I've only used the SE100 a couple times with the 846's I can tell you that the overall sound was a bit more clinical, maybe a bit more analytical, but seemed a bit more resolving up high, some songs did seem harsh though. Too be honest I've never been a huge fan of AK products or ESS Sabre DAC's. But that's my take. Cheers! \,,/

Oct 29, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #19,623 of 22,945
I'm having trouble getting the filters to properly stay in place with the foam tips. is it because i have the wrong foam tips ? Are there any suggestions to how to make sure the filters stay in place and don't slide out? Not sure what exactly i'm doing wrong....

Oct 30, 2018 at 3:35 AM Post #19,624 of 22,945
I'm having trouble getting the filters to properly stay in place with the foam tips. is it because i have the wrong foam tips ? Are there any suggestions to how to make sure the filters stay in place and don't slide out? Not sure what exactly i'm doing wrong....

Post a picture if you can, I think you must be fitting the filters wrong. If they are fitted correctly there is no way they can slide out with whatever tips you are using.

Oct 30, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #19,625 of 22,945
@Ernst_Stavro_Blofeld all the pure silver in the world still couldn't make the 846 sound bright.
Perhaps, but I tried my HeadphoneLounge silver LITZ the other day, after a year or so, and there was some sort of vibrancy I didn't get with the stock. I use the blue modded filters, which seem to restore some of the bass lost with the whites. FWIW

Nov 1, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #19,627 of 22,945

How did you insert the filters? Did you open the metallic nozzle? If they are changed correctly there's no contact between the filters and the tips.
Sound like you inserted the filters into the nozzle from the open/outside end...

Nov 1, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #19,628 of 22,945
How did you insert the filters? Did you open the metallic nozzle? If they are changed correctly there's no contact between the filters and the tips.
Sound like you inserted the filters into the nozzle from the open/outside end...

here's a link to an image of how i put the filters in- sorry for delay https://photos.app.goo.gl/BrAx9QGUEwEPpfWS8

Nov 2, 2018 at 3:54 AM Post #19,629 of 22,945
here's a link to an image of how i put the filters in- sorry for delay https://photos.app.goo.gl/BrAx9QGUEwEPpfWS8

That looks like the correct way to fit the filters, at least to me. The filter can't slide down the tube because its wider at the end with the orange 'O' ring.

If you mean it sides out while you are fitting it, then yes that can be a pain, just hold the nozzle the other way up ('O' ring end uppermost) while you screw it into the shell, when the filter is aligned and you have a turn into the threads it should be OK.

Nov 2, 2018 at 4:21 AM Post #19,630 of 22,945

I‘m sorry, I can’t see that image.
In this video the guy opens the nozzle, maybe that can help:

It’s quite finicky to get it together correctly again I was struggling with that each time I changed the filters (i.e. two times... blue to white and back again). There are tiny markers in the filters for orientation within the base.

Nov 2, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #19,631 of 22,945
I have a question about the connection to the earpiece. I did a search in the thread, and I found a reference to removing some ring to improve contact. I'm using Ted Allan's LITZ cable, and the contact with his and the stock cable as well is quite intermittent. I used some DEoxIT spray cleaner which has improved the situation mostly. But, someone referred to some ring I could remove. I'd appreciate any advice one might have. But: Blind dude, please, no pics.

Nov 2, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #19,632 of 22,945
26C9A79A-DD57-4060-ACCE-ADFEFA8C310D.jpeg Only ordered yesterday!

Nov 2, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #19,633 of 22,945
Nov 3, 2018 at 12:41 AM Post #19,634 of 22,945
Only ordered yesterday!
My BT2 arrived this morning. Long story short, I now have a kick ass pair of Bluetooth IEMs. :L3000:
After quite a few albums, I am pretty impressed with what I am hearing. The combo surely beats the crap out of my favorite Jabra Active 65t.

Nov 3, 2018 at 2:32 AM Post #19,635 of 22,945
Only ordered yesterday!
Sounds interesting, thnx for sharing.
Looking forward to more feedbacks..

But.. “..rechargeable via USB MicroB cable.” ..we’re almost in 2019, why not USB C?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back