1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Shure SE846 Impressions Thread

1. SubMash
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  2. m4rkw
    Whilst I agree that fake is by far the most likely, I’m remaining skeptical that they are the same thing as the $50 fakes. Several people on here who have probably heard real Shure before were apparently conned. There is an explanation for this that I don’t think we’ve completely uncovered yet.

3. SubMash
    I'm going to buy this 15$ and 50$ fakes to compare them while I'm here...

4. m4rkw
    Get the e-infin ones too and compare them all. They only take paypal but if you have a decent credit card you can probably get the money back if they’re demonstrably counterfeit.

5. ZappaMan
    Do PayPal payback for fakes ?

6. SubMash
    We have plenty of guys who got them there. I'm not throwing away 500 to some scum...

7. m4rkw
    Doubt it. They have no interest or reason to get involved as an arbiter of whether something is fake or not. You have their buyer protection and that’s it, so best case is you can return the item within the initial time period and hope to get a refund on the basis that it’s not as described. No idea how that plays with e-infin’s own return policy though - even some legit u.k. retailers won’t take headphones back at all for hygiene reasons and are entirely at liberty not to do so.

8. m4rkw
    Well yeah but they probably got them because they can’t afford to buy real ones. We ideally want someone to test them side by side with known real ones and post their findings.

9. ZappaMan
    Interesting

10. SubMash
    No, sorry, too much waste. I also have black, so I will get those black and post close ups, cable measurements and hopefully recordings.

11. m4rkw
    How long ago did you buy them? If you're within the initial period defined by paypal's buyer protection I'd say give them a call and discuss it with them.

12. ZappaMan
    THeres something about within 180 days I recall - and they are within that

13. m4rkw
    Maybe someone who bought the likely fakes can buy a pair from amazon and compare them side by side. As long as you don't abuse it too often amazon generally let you return stuff.

14. m4rkw
    Ok, well you're outside of e-infin's stated return window so expect a fight. To get paypal on your side you'll likely need documented proof of them being "not as described", which may mean having to send them to Shure to inspection. I'd give paypal a call first and see what they say.

15. m4rkw
    Also @ZappaMan in some countries it is illegal to send counterfeit goods through the post. This has apparently scuppered a lot of people trying to get their money back for counterfeit goods because paypal don’t care and simply say you have to return the item to the seller.

eg: http://www.aboutpaypal.org/buyer-protection-counterfeit-goods/

plenty of other similar stories online. this may turn out to be a very expensive lesson but hey at least you have some working headphones that you (presumably?) quite like.