Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Mar 31, 2018 at 7:52 AM Post #19,051 of 22,945
Last edited:
Mar 31, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #19,052 of 22,945
I don't even doubt that people are not good at measurements. Moreover, I told you - cost of production is low. Its a clone that sounds OK and that is enough. I doubt that people can even hear the difference, but most never ever compared original and what they bought.

You can keep hoping that somebody stealing massively from factory warehouse, but I can promise to you - with such price per unit security and accounting there is top notch.

I feel sorry for you, guys. But if you can't afford to purchase overpriced stuff from 100% legit shops - you shouldn't be doing it, because now you overpaid 10x for fake stuff.

I didn't checked if Shure has security code for genuine check. If not - they wanted this to happen. No excuse.

Whilst I agree that fake is by far the most likely, I’m remaining skeptical that they are the same thing as the $50 fakes. Several people on here who have probably heard real Shure before were apparently conned. There is an explanation for this that I don’t think we’ve completely uncovered yet.

Mar 31, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #19,055 of 22,945
Get the e-infin ones too and compare them all. They only take paypal but if you have a decent credit card you can probably get the money back if they’re demonstrably counterfeit.
Do PayPal payback for fakes ?

Mar 31, 2018 at 8:09 AM Post #19,056 of 22,945
Get the e-infin ones too and compare them all. They only take paypal but if you have a decent credit card you can probably get the money back if they’re demonstrably counterfeit.
We have plenty of guys who got them there. I'm not throwing away 500 to some scum...

Mar 31, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #19,057 of 22,945
Do PayPal payback for fakes ?

Doubt it. They have no interest or reason to get involved as an arbiter of whether something is fake or not. You have their buyer protection and that’s it, so best case is you can return the item within the initial time period and hope to get a refund on the basis that it’s not as described. No idea how that plays with e-infin’s own return policy though - even some legit u.k. retailers won’t take headphones back at all for hygiene reasons and are entirely at liberty not to do so.

Mar 31, 2018 at 8:12 AM Post #19,059 of 22,945
Doubt it. They have no interest or reason to get involved as an arbiter of whether something is fake or not. You have their buyer protection and that’s it, so best case is you can return the item within the initial time period and hope to get a refund on the basis that it’s not as described. No idea how that plays with e-infin’s own return policy though - even some legit u.k. retailers won’t take headphones back at all for hygiene reasons and are entirely at liberty not to do so.
Interesting

Mar 31, 2018 at 8:15 AM Post #19,060 of 22,945
Well yeah but they probably got them because they can’t afford to buy real ones. We ideally want someone to test them side by side with known real ones and post their findings.
No, sorry, too much waste. I also have black, so I will get those black and post close ups, cable measurements and hopefully recordings.

Mar 31, 2018 at 8:16 AM Post #19,062 of 22,945
How long ago did you buy them? If you're within the initial period defined by paypal's buyer protection I'd say give them a call and discuss it with them.
THeres something about within 180 days I recall - and they are within that

Mar 31, 2018 at 8:19 AM Post #19,064 of 22,945
THeres something about within 180 days I recall - and they are within that

Ok, well you're outside of e-infin's stated return window so expect a fight. To get paypal on your side you'll likely need documented proof of them being "not as described", which may mean having to send them to Shure to inspection. I'd give paypal a call first and see what they say.

Mar 31, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #19,065 of 22,945
Also @ZappaMan in some countries it is illegal to send counterfeit goods through the post. This has apparently scuppered a lot of people trying to get their money back for counterfeit goods because paypal don’t care and simply say you have to return the item to the seller.

eg: http://www.aboutpaypal.org/buyer-protection-counterfeit-goods/

plenty of other similar stories online. this may turn out to be a very expensive lesson but hey at least you have some working headphones that you (presumably?) quite like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back