1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Shure SE846 Impressions Thread

1. csglinux
    That REI really is impressive for something so tiny. And no pressure here, but you could stream your smartphone through it...

moedawg140 likes this.
  2. Varekai
    Thanks. I do love that Sony unit but the downfalls you pointed out are what I've been thinking. Talking about good battery life tho the q5 has 8-10 hours and with the rei drawing battery from phone the battery life will probably be about the same , so I guess mute point. Probably now just between the rei and the q5. Sexy slim design that I would probably hold against my cheek or bluetooth and self powered.

3. moedawg140 Contributor
    Most definitely - able to stream through the smartphone is a feature I superbly agree! :calling: :confetti_ball:

Varekai likes this.
  4. moedawg140 Contributor
    No worries! If you wrap the REI to your phone, you can technically hold both against your cheek! Your phone can act as the Bluetooth to compatible Bluetooth products.

Oh that’s right. I forgot to mention this as a reason why I’d go for the REI. I will always say that I personally enjoy the REI’s sound signature even more than the Mojo, from listening memory and experience.

5. Varekai
    This.
    Yeah this is definitely what I'm leaning towards. Really wish someone in the US sold it so I don't have to wait forever. Penon audio has a ebay account I think I'll order it from so I can use my coupon.

tbritton and moedawg140 like this.
  6. moedawg140 Contributor
    It looks like Penon Audio can ship it to your door in the US (that’s exactly what they did for me), so you should be good to go!

Slim1970 likes this.
  7. moedawg140 Contributor
  8. Varekai
    Alright pulled the trigger on the rei and got it for 450 shipped Coupon code is PSPRING20, good for 20% off any item until 8pm PT.

moedawg140 likes this.
  9. moedawg140 Contributor
    Woot! That’s a great price for you. Hope you enjoy the beejeezus out of it!

6CE2DD4B-1A58-4B7F-8F4D-A7A7130E24E1.gif

79BFE81A-CF8E-44E9-8154-19B95ABE9799.gif

Varekai likes this.
  10. Varekai
    Lol yeah I better I'm putting a lot of money into this just so I can listen to Istanbul not Constantinople in hi Def

11. moedawg140 Contributor
    There ya go

12. joshnor713
    What's the output impedance of the REI?

13. moedawg140 Contributor
    Here’s the full specifications of the REI:

• Input: MicroUSB
    • Output: 3.5 TRS
    • Output voltage: 1 Vrms at 32 ohm
    • THD: 0.0005%
    • S/N ratio: 118 dB
    • Bitrate supported: Up to 32bit/384kHz
    • Support systems: Mac OS (driver-less USB 2.0–3.0), iPhone 7, iPhone 6/6p, iPhone 5s/5c/5, iPad Pro, iPad Air2, iPad Air, iPad mini series, iPad touch (models with lightning). For Android OTG support, please check with the manufacturer in the product manual. *edit: also compatible with iPhone X when CCK is connected*
    • Dimensions: 2.75 x 1.5 0.25 in
    • Weight: 0.72 oz (20.0 g)
    More info is here:
    https://www.massdrop.com/buy/cozoy-rei

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  14. joshnor713
    So they don't list the output impedance then? That's a critical spec for the SE846.

Varekai likes this.
  15. Varekai
    I've already read a couple of reviews with the rei and the 846s that it paired very well with no hissing if that means anything.