Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Dec 23, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #18,541 of 22,945
Final tips, SpinFit tips, Westone sample pack, and if nothing works for you, I’d look into custom sleeves like the SCS (Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves). Here is more information regarding the SCS, if you’re interested:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/rev...s-in-crystal-blue-for-the-shure-se846.723306/

Happy Holidays, and good luck on your tip-hunting endeavors!
I’ll second the strong recommendation for the Sensaphonics. Very comfortable and great seal. If you believe you will be keeping your 846s for a long time, it’s a great investment.

Dec 23, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #18,542 of 22,945
"Final tips" - any info on these? I can't find any useful info on them, not the best/google friendly choice for a brand name let me tell you that haha.

You can find a bit more from the Final tips here:
https://www.finalaudio.nl/en/products/accessories/ear-tips.html, but there are clear silicone options available. Your best bet for the Final tips may be to attend a CanJam at some point of the year - Final a lot of the times may have them for purchase, unless you may be able to obtain some tips for free.

I’ll second the strong recommendation for the Sensaphonics. Very comfortable and great seal. If you believe you will be keeping your 846s for a long time, it’s a great investment.

The SCS has been through a lot, but they have stood the test of time!

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #18,543 of 22,945
https://www.finalaudio.nl/en/products/accessories/ear-tips.html, but there are clear silicone options available. Your best bet for the Final tips may be to attend a CanJam at some point of the year - Final a lot of the times may have them for purchase, unless you may be able to obtain some tips for free.

The SCS has been through a lot, but they have stood the test of time!
True although I do not recommend the clear color as they do yellow over time. Can’t really see it when they are in your ears though.

Dec 23, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #18,544 of 22,945
True although I do not recommend the clear color as they do yellow over time. Can’t really see it when they are in your ears though.
I personally wouldn’t go for clear, but it’s great that Sensaphonics is offering more variety of colors for purchase!

Dec 23, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #18,545 of 22,945

Nice one, I'll give the spinfit's a go first. Thanks for recommending them.

As for custom sleeves, I'm using custom sleeves at the moment and my issues with 846's seem to be caused by them. Reading up on here many people brought up this point (that custom sleeves change the signature sound of 846's) and I'm leaning towards it.
I love custom sleeves and had loads of positive experiences in the past hence me being disappointed that I couldn't get them to work with 846's, for now at least.

Dec 23, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #18,546 of 22,945
Nice one, I'll give the spinfit's a go first. Thanks for recommending them.

As for custom sleeves, I'm using custom sleeves at the moment and my issues with 846's seem to be caused by them. Reading up on here many people brought up this point (that custom sleeves change the signature sound of 846's) and I'm leaning towards it.
I love custom sleeves and had loads of positive experiences in the past hence me being disappointed that I couldn't get them to work with 846's, for now at least.
Happy to help. When you say “custom sleeves”, do you mean custom sleeves or the SCS is/are what you own and use?

Dec 23, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #18,548 of 22,945
Custom silicone sleeves like SCS but not made by them.
Thanks for the confirmation. Try out the SCS if nothing else is working for you.

Good luck!

Dec 27, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #18,551 of 22,945
Back with another update. I've been playing with different tips, got the largest SpinFit's, InAirs neither of which knocked my socks off sound quality wise. Looking at InAirs and thinking that it would be great if they were same girth but shorter I remembered that SE846's come with large memory foam tips which I have never used on the basis of previous issues with all non-custom tips in the past.

So I tried them on and daaaaamn, they sound heavenly good now! I've managed to fine tune EQ to my liking, something I wasn't able to do before, and I'm flying. The bass, the mids, the trebles, the soundstage everything works perfectly now. Honestly these are the best headphones/earphones below 1k I've ever heard. I'm glad I've not given up on them in the end!

Dec 27, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #18,552 of 22,945
Jan 2, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #18,553 of 22,945
I mean are these genuine SE846? Price seems kinda low.

I took the chance an ordered a black version, it arriveded today I am sure it is the real deal, all the paperwork is there, and all the parts it even have a serial number inside and outside the box.

Finally it sounds fantastic

Kind regards Morten, and thanks for the link.

Jan 2, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #18,554 of 22,945
Great! I am also hovering on buying ones from them, but I am hoping they will have clear version at some point.

What is the manufacture date on your pair? Is there any additional documents regarding warranty? How long did it take to deliver them to you and to which country?

Thanks for the info!

I took the chance an ordered a black version, it arriveded today I am sure it is the real deal, all the paperwork is there, and all the parts it even have a serial number inside and outside the box.

Finally it sounds fantastic

Kind regards Morten, and thanks for the link.

Jan 2, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #18,555 of 22,945
Hallo, no addition documents about warranty, if there is a problem you will have to send them back, I asked.

Mine are made the 29th October 2017.

It took a little over a week, during Christmas and new year, they where shipped from UK, I live in Denmark.

Kind regards Morten

Users who are viewing this thread

Back