Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Jan 10, 2018 at 5:21 PM Post #18,571 of 22,942
Jan 11, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #18,579 of 22,942
Definitely have a listen to them before you purchase since there are many variables that could make them sound off in your ears (e.g. the kind of tip used), based on personal experience. But if and once you find the right tip they are very good indeed (I upgraded from SE535 LTD-J's)

Thank you,
I was contemplating taking my favourite tips. Not to say they would fit the same as they did on my SE535.
I also now have the Audiofly AF180 which to my ears are better with more of the bass I was looking for.
They miss out on the mids the shure had but not bad, I feel they're good enough for my IEM'S, sound good out of the Poly/Mojo, no doubt somewhat short of the SE846 capabilities though.
I've been rethinking. Now contemplating sticking with these Audiofly and buying some Focal Clear HP.

Thank's for your input, apperciated. If I do change my mind, again, I'll be back asking more questions from you guys.

Cheers!

Jan 15, 2018 at 3:42 AM Post #18,580 of 22,942
Obviously, but I'm intrigued why they wouldn't stock any directly in Europe. Amazon offer all models except these.

Well, I asked one of the e-bay seller if they included the adapters, they do not. However, I have also asked Spinfit directly, they informed that they are staring up a web shop to sell it directly, hence there is hope.

Otherwise I guess that we will have to wait for the EU amazon to start selling it

On a side note, I managed to get a seal with the large normal tip, in the start I pushed it too hard in, if I do not do this it works, I also thinks it sounds better than the shure tip, somewhat cleaner, and of cause the comfort is increased, have listed for serval hours in the weekend.

All in all, a cheap upgrade.

Regards Morten

Jan 15, 2018 at 5:03 AM Post #18,581 of 22,942
Any 2.5mm balanced cable recommendations for this pairing
SE846 and Opus#3.
Effect audio cables preferred, as I have good experience with them. But other brands will be fine, though I have to look more into those before I buy.
Would like the bass to be more layered and better treble extension.
Thanks.
Price range : <500 USD if possible. Don't want to pay too much.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #18,582 of 22,942
Any 2.5mm balanced cable recommendations for this pairing
SE846 and Opus#3.
Effect audio cables preferred, as I have good experience with them. But other brands will be fine, though I have to look more into those before I buy.
Would like the bass to be more layered and better treble extension.
Thanks.
Price range : <500 USD if possible. Don't want to pay too much.
I would personally choose either a 2.5mm 4 Pole balanced TRRS Campfire Audio Litz cable, here:
https://campfireaudio.com/shop/litz-cable/, Reference 8 SXC cable, here:
https://campfireaudio.com/shop/alo-audio-reference-8-iem-cable/, or have Ted Allen AKA @teds headfood custom create a balanced cable for you, here:
https://headphonelounge.com/company/. You can also reach him at tedallen0220@gmail.com.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #18,583 of 22,942
Well, I asked one of the e-bay seller if they included the adapters, they do not. However, I have also asked Spinfit directly, they informed that they are staring up a web shop to sell it directly, hence there is hope.

Otherwise I guess that we will have to wait for the EU amazon to start selling it

On a side note, I managed to get a seal with the large normal tip, in the start I pushed it too hard in, if I do not do this it works, I also thinks it sounds better than the shure tip, somewhat cleaner, and of cause the comfort is increased, have listed for serval hours in the weekend.

All in all, a cheap upgrade.

Regards Morten

Nice one, thanks very much for the update!

Jan 21, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #18,584 of 22,942
Does anyone have an idea if Shure has a replacement for SE846 being readied for market?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back