Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Feb 25, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #17,357 of 22,946
I totally agree. The loose connection of the aftermarket cables ended up breaking the female part of my connection, and I had to pay to get the buds replaced.

Feb 25, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #17,358 of 22,946
I was thinking of getting Mojo OR SE846 and after your advice on this forum, it seems it will be both :frowning2:... :wink:

I have already the mojo which is amazing and very addictive. I could not imagine an amp providing sole much added value to my DAP.
I am really happy.

As for the SE846, I am now hesitating between the blue and the clear. Any cosmetic issue with any of them? I am afraid the clear plastic is not doing so well especially for the cables. Do you confirm? I has se425 clear whose cables basically became green after two years!

Thanks!

Feb 25, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #17,359 of 22,946
I was thinking of getting Mojo OR SE846 and after your advice on this forum, it seems it will be both :frowning2:... :wink:

I have already the mojo which is amazing and very addictive. I could not imagine an amp providing sole much added value to my DAP.
I am really happy.

As for the SE846, I am now hesitating between the blue and the clear. Any cosmetic issue with any of them? I am afraid the clear plastic is not doing so well especially for the cables. Do you confirm? I has se425 clear whose cables basically became green after two years!

Thanks!

clear

Feb 25, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #17,361 of 22,946
  Someone use the Fiio RC-SE1B?

I bought one to be able to try the balanced out of my AK70 (which sucks unfortunately...).

Cable is well built, connector is pretty tightly fit in SE846 but not perfect. BUT... holy microphonics, Batman! It's the noisiest cable I've ever had. Rub it agains anything and it's like you've got a slinky connected to your earphones.

Feb 26, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #17,362 of 22,946

I bought one to be able to try the balanced out of my AK70 (which sucks unfortunately...).

Cable is well built, connector is pretty tightly fit in SE846 but not perfect. BUT... holy microphonics, Batman! It's the noisiest cable I've ever had. Rub it agains anything and it's like you've got a slinky connected to your earphones.

:/ thanks

What cables recommend? 2.5mm balanced

Feb 26, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #17,364 of 22,946
I don't get why they were made in a clear shell and why the black is not available in the North American market officially.

Any issues with the clear? Do they look toyish compared to the bronze?

Any reasons to why they are made in clear?

Thanks

Feb 26, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #17,365 of 22,946
Hi All,  Ive had the SE846s since Christmas, paired with my AK70 and I could not be happier. 

Ive read a lot of posts about in ear tips and the challenges people have getting a comfortable fit. As a UK resident I wanted to share the positive experience I had with Snugs - the company that arrange custom made tips for those, like me who struggle with the fit of the out of the box tips.  Snugs have recently recognised that the weight and dimensions of the Shure 846 drivers make the full or half shell solutions very difficult to achieve so they have just launched a new line of tips, marginally larger than the Olive tips. 

Ive had them a week and they are brilliant- the cancellation and comfort is outstanding and they are a good company to work with, offering a no quibbles refund policy.

My Shures have now gone from 9-10/10 - anyone wanting anymore detail feel free to PM me.
Thanks

Feb 26, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #17,366 of 22,946
  I don't get why they were made in a clear shell and why the black is not available in the North American market officially.

Thanks

I haven't seen the black or bronze so I can't compare, but I do have the clear and on their own/compared to other IEMs I have, they do not look toyish at all. Haven't had them long enough to have issues, but someone else earlier in the thread said they've had their clear for a couple of years now and they hadn't yellowed at all.

Feb 26, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #17,367 of 22,946

Thanks

Toyish? They look fantastic. The loom of the clears is something I miss from my (now returned) 846.

Feb 27, 2017 at 12:32 AM Post #17,369 of 22,946
How does the W60 or the 846 compare

I was thinking about jumping on the 846, andromeda or the w60 because it's on sale now

not sure what is your priority as far as IEM goes, but to me the W60 is the comfort king. I can have it in for 8+ hours and still be fine, the shure 846 some have fitment issue. Sound wise, some people says it is warmer. some people describe the Shure 846 as more V-shaped. I am bass shy so I am totally fine with the W60 bass, I do wish it a little more bright in tonality.

Feb 27, 2017 at 12:46 AM Post #17,370 of 22,946
I haven't seen the black or bronze so I can't compare, but I do have the clear and on their own/compared to other IEMs I have, they do not look toyish at all. Haven't had them long enough to have issues, but someone else earlier in the thread said they've had their clear for a couple of years now and they hadn't yellowed at all.
i have the bronze one. Tell me if you would like some pictures

Users who are viewing this thread

Back