Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
Jul 5, 2013 at 7:02 AM Post #1,442 of 3,218
Quote:
Very awkward layout with so many different perspectives and elements shot at compeltely different moments at different angles. But we get the picture at least.

Quote:

Yep. Very disorienting. And I think some of them are renders, actually. CGI is killing product photography these days.

Picky much?

It's a collage of products meant to convey what will be in the package. It does that, in my opinion. I don't think anyone (well, obviously someone) meant it to be taken as high art or photography.

Off Topic so quickly after being back on it for, like... what?... one post?

wink.gif

Jul 5, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #1,445 of 3,218
Quote:
That volume control is very useful when you plugging your headphone to airplane entertainment system.. You destroy your ears without it

Fact is the entertainment system is crappy and useless in the first place... makes me wonder who would want to get a top IEM and use it that way......

Jul 5, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #1,446 of 3,218
I bet my left nut that these high end lot come up with some great wireless iems before long. And my right nut says they will somehow find a way to charge twice the price for that complete lack of cable.

Oh the delicious ironing.

Jul 5, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #1,448 of 3,218
Actually when this IEM will come and sell? It seems too long from it's revealed
and I wonder how this iem compare to 334 and 1plus2
at that price this seems very good

Jul 6, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #1,449 of 3,218
Quote:
Fact is the entertainment system is crappy and useless in the first place... makes me wonder who would want to get a top IEM and use it that way......

Actually... I do...

I take at least one flight per year back to Taiwan for visiting my family. Being able to watch at least a couple hours of movies makes passing time much easier (I have a really tough time sleeping on these flights, I may get three to four hours of sleep at most). Being able to use in IEM while watching these movies makes them so much more enjoyable. The quality of the sound output is not great, but the isolation of IEM is far better than any other option on a long flight.

If I was just listening to music, I'd stick with my own devices. On a long flight like that though, music just isn't enough to occupy my idle mind.

Jul 6, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #1,450 of 3,218
Quote:
... On a long flight like that though, music just isn't enough to occupy my idle mind.

On such flights (or shorter ones, for that matter), it is music that often helps me not just occupy the mind, but keep things 'a little' more sane.

Jul 6, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #1,452 of 3,218
Jul 6, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #1,453 of 3,218
Quote:

Picky much?

It's a collage of products meant to convey what will be in the package. It does that, in my opinion. I don't think anyone (well, obviously someone) meant it to be taken as high art or photography.

Off Topic so quickly after being back on it for, like... what?... one post?

wink.gif

LOL - you thought he meant the SHE846 Accessories - as opposed to the KL International AV Show promo - you know, the image with the "Very awkward layout with so many different perspectives and elements shot at completely different moments at different angles"

Jul 8, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #1,454 of 3,218
Quote:
One of the famous store in Singapore now have a pre-order offer at S$1,299 with a free UE900 or UE9000 of your choice.
Considering that a brand new UE900 with warranty can fetch about S$400 in second-hand market, quite a worthy gamble

Thanks for the info! Have always been keen on the TF10 but for the horrible fit, so this is a good combi for me :)

Jul 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #1,455 of 3,218
my concern is they look very large and might not fit in peoples ears easily...i currently have the 535 and they fit fine but the 846 looks quite a bit bigger

Users who are viewing this thread

Back