Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
Jul 8, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #1,456 of 3,218
Quote:
my concern is they look very large and might not fit in peoples ears easily...i currently have the 535 and they fit fine but the 846 looks quite a bit bigger

Could you post a picture with the two iems together for a good comparison?

Jul 8, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #1,458 of 3,218
Quote:
Could you post a picture with the two iems together for a good comparison?

Look at post #704 in this thread.

Jul 8, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #1,459 of 3,218
Posting it again for easy reference:

Maybe I'm already used to humongous housings from the TG334 and Tralucent 1plus2, I actually look forward to this "smaller" housing of the 846 if it can compete these these other totl IEMs on sound.

Jul 8, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #1,460 of 3,218
Quote:
Posting it again for easy reference:

Maybe I'm already used to humongous housings from the TG334 and Tralucent 1plus2, I actually look forward to this "smaller" housing of the 846 if it can compete these these other totl IEMs on sound.

Good news for me. Since the TG334 can fit in my ears, these should be fine.

Jul 8, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #1,461 of 3,218
Quote:

Good news for me. Since the TG334 can fit in my ears, these should be fine.

Yea I wasn't so worried about the fit and Shures had always been quite comfortable for me.  It is the sound that I'm more worried about as I'm probably spoiled by the 334 and 1plus2 now... looking forward to finding out if the 846 would finally be a pair of Shure that I end up keeping.....

Jul 10, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #1,462 of 3,218
I have very small ears but I'm not concerned with the size outside of the nozzle. The important thing to me is that the diameter of the nozzle is the same as the SE535. The fattest part of the Ultrasone IQ was right at the base of the nozzle (yet it fit just fine). In the photo, the SE846 appears to be a little longer and thicker as it protrudes outside of the ear (where it matters the least). That fatter tip is a little misleading.

Jul 10, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #1,463 of 3,218
I have very small ears but I'm not concerned with the size outside of the nozzle. The important thing to me is that the diameter of the nozzle is the same as the SE535. The fattest part of the Ultrasone IQ was right at the base of the nozzle (yet it fit just fine). In the photo, the SE846 appears to be a little longer and thicker as it protrudes outside of the ear (where it matters the least). That fatter tip is a little misleading.

I have confirmed via email with Earphonesolutions that the diameter of nozzle 2.5mm is the same on the 846 as on the 535 and all other Shure IEMs. For what it is worth, Earphonesolutions also confirmed the cable connectors are the same as well. I have my Westone Star Tips and OCC silver cables awaiting my new SE846.

Jul 12, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #1,467 of 3,218
For that kind of price if want planar magnetic IEMs.
Dont get me wrong, those probably sound great, but come on.... 1000 bucks for IEMs? You can get the HE-500 for that and still have some cash left. Hell you could get the LCD-2 for that.

I guess if you already have that then maybe, but if not, can those 1000 IEMs beat a 1000 full hp? Something tells me the answer is probably no.

Jul 12, 2013 at 4:41 AM Post #1,468 of 3,218
Quote:
For that kind of price if want planar magnetic IEMs.
Dont get me wrong, those probably sound great, but come on.... 1000 bucks for IEMs? You can get the HE-500 for that and still have some cash left. Hell you could get the LCD-2 for that.

I guess if you already have that then maybe, but if not, can those 1000 IEMs beat a 1000 full hp? Something tells me the answer is probably no.

If you don't specifically need IEMs, you're probably better off with full size headphones. In my case, I can't drive an 18-wheeler (with a moderately loud engine) with an LCD-2 on my head. I certainly wouldn't want to sweat on an LCD-2 while loading/unloading in the summer heat. I don't want to go to the gym or jog with an LCD-2 on my head.

I very rarely ever use the full size headphones that I currently own,  so I wouldn't invest in an LCD-2 (or other high dollar full size headphone). When I'm at home, I turn on the full size stereo.

Jul 12, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #1,470 of 3,218
Quote:

If you don't specifically need IEMs, you're probably better off with full size headphones. In my case, I can't drive an 18-wheeler (with a moderately loud engine) with an LCD-2 on my head. I certainly wouldn't want to sweat on an LCD-2 while loading/unloading in the summer heat. I don't want to go to the gym or jog with an LCD-2 on my head.

I very rarely ever use the full size headphones that I currently own,  so I wouldn't invest in an LCD-2 (or other high dollar full size headphone). When I'm at home, I turn on the full size stereo.

Of course! im not trying to say that everyone would think that way.
Many people wont even want to carry a full HP on their heads. But I belive it might be a rather small market, and if thats the case, that just inflates the price unfortunatelly 8(.

Id love to have those Shures or some high end IEMs, but those prices make me want to scream...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back