Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread
Feb 11, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #3,931 of 4,022
Sure they easy to drive and very sensitive. I doubt any source has dificulties driving them.

Anyways, what I like most about SE535 is they respond well to EQ. Little SQ drop on AK100ii and almost no SQ drop on iPhone.

I definitely agree. I actually don't love the sound of them from my AK300 via my Mojo because it has to be without EQ, but just using the AK on the standard 'Pro' EQ setting works really well. So as a travel light option, that works well for me.

Mar 3, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #3,937 of 4,022
I had the 535 at one time, and I gave them to my son, after trying Westone w4r. The first thing that drew me to the 4R,was the comfort, followed by equally good sound. These I sold for the 846, a fantastic earphone, but I never got really comfortable with them. Sold the 846, and now, am very happy with the W60. I do not want to get into sound differences, as that is up to the individuals, so you might try the Westone range of earphones. There are many other earphones to try of course, so let  us know how you get on.

Mar 3, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #3,938 of 4,022
So I bought a couple new earphones over the last week. My poor wallet lol one would be the fostex te100 and the other again in my line up the se535 clear. I got a great deal on them brand new. This is my third or fourth time owning these lol I gotta say out of my iPhone 7 simply great. Out of my hp-p1 even better holy cow lol I was never a fan of the black olives but I've been using them and wow the isolation is crazy good. For rock n roll and metal these are fantastic. Just a really fun iem. And scales very very well with a good source for shure lol

Mar 3, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #3,939 of 4,022
me too thinking of upgrade but don't know if the upgrade would worth the price difference .. my last upgrade from se210 to se535 worth every penny.. my SE 535 is the best audio purchase I've ever made .. so wondering even if there will be a worthy upgrade out there !! unlucky for me that I don't have the luxury of trying .. my purchases are blind and depending on others reviews

Mar 3, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #3,940 of 4,022
Just a heads up to anybody who needs a new cable for their SE535's ... 

I've been through two sets of the stock Shure cables and they've been great but they eventually break around the ear loop portion of the cable ... and because I needed one rather quickly this week, I ordered a random "silver plated" cable from Amazon ... the Tennmak MMCX ... and it's pretty nice ... I'd like to say something about the sound but I just can't ... it just sounds really good ...

It's really cheap for Prime members ...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LVYY553/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The only thing that kind of sucks, because I use it a lot, is the little slider that lets you adjust the tension of the L/R cables under your neck ... but I'll survive ... 

Anyway ...

FYI

Mar 22, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #3,943 of 4,022
The 425 is good, but somewhat overly bright, and although there is bass there, it's not really authoritative.  The 535 puts "meat on the bones" so to speak, and adds weight and depth to the bass.  I own both and use the 425 when I'm walking outside and when I'm playing my electronic drums, while the 535s are for critical listening.

One caveat - if your source electronics has any kind of a hum or buzz the 535 will expose it mercilessly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back