Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread
Jan 20, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #3,916 of 4,022
yep .. they sounded marvelous with my walkman F too .. except for the hiss for people whom hate hiss -i am not- for that reason i am getting soon a used Zx1 to pair with it and see if their an improvement over the F .. I believe it will be :blush:

Jan 20, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #3,917 of 4,022
Sure they easy to drive and very sensitive. I doubt any source has dificulties driving them.

Anyways, what I like most about SE535 is they respond well to EQ. Little SQ drop on AK100ii and almost no SQ drop on iPhone.

Jan 28, 2017 at 11:28 PM Post #3,921 of 4,022
I am pulling the trigger on them next month. One last question - are these as smooth as the HD 650s without any peaks?
I love my HD 650s to death coz of their smooth watery mids and treble and the lush bass. They sound downright euphoric. Can these sound that? I don't mind treble roll off one bit, infact I prefer warm treble. I don't like too much bass, but the bass should be lush. I read some people saying that the 535s are harsh. That is making me me doubt my decision. 
 I am looking for a smooth liquid sound under $500, have been looking for IEMs like that here, and I come back to the 535s everytime. 

Jan 29, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #3,923 of 4,022
  I am pulling the trigger on them next month. One last question - are these as smooth as the HD 650s without any peaks?
I love my HD 650s to death coz of their smooth watery mids and treble and the lush bass. They sound downright euphoric. Can these sound that? I don't mind treble roll off one bit, infact I prefer warm treble. I don't like too much bass, but the bass should be lush. I read some people saying that the 535s are harsh. That is making me me doubt my decision. 
 I am looking for a smooth liquid sound under $500, have been looking for IEMs like that here, and I come back to the 535s everytime. 

I haven't tried nor own plenty of headphones (only have the Sony MDR-1RBT, AKG 712 Pro & QuadBeat 3 Tuned, Audio Technica AD900x) but I can easily say that my sole IEM which are the SE535 (special edition reds) sounded the best out of the bunch that I possess. Ofcourse I do not have a tube amp to power the 712s but I do have several lying around that does the job (Hifime, Cayin, Fiio).

And like the above posted said, the 535s are anything but harsh.

Jan 30, 2017 at 2:42 AM Post #3,926 of 4,022
Alright. I am almost convinced. 
How do these do classic and progressive rock?
I only have titan series as iems atm. I like them with rock as they give an airy and spacious sound to it , but at the same time, they fatigue me after sometime. Also, they sound far from natural. I am hoping that the shures would sound better with these genres giving them a natural and smooth touch.

Jan 30, 2017 at 2:47 AM Post #3,927 of 4,022
SE535 is a bit mid centric, they quite good for classical, but not the best for prog rock. But actually decent, just not with as much energy.

In term of speed, SE535 sure can keep up with any prog rocks you throw at them :).

Jan 30, 2017 at 2:51 AM Post #3,928 of 4,022
SE535 is a bit mid centric, they quite good for classical, but not the best for prog rock. But actually decent, just not with as much energy.

In term of speed, SE535 sure can keep up with any prog rocks you throw at them
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you. I don't mind less energy. I just want them to sound natural and full.  Progressive rock sounds too airy and a bit thin with my Titan 1. I hope these are not as thin as the Titans.

Jan 30, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #3,929 of 4,022
If this not a preferred post please let me know to delete.

Just in case anyone is in the market. Newegg (via Flash.newegg.com) has these on sale new for US$299. I am not affiliated with newegg in anyway, just a friendly post to let people know of the sale if interested.

Edit: does appear only the CLear version is on sale.

Feb 7, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #3,930 of 4,022
If this not a preferred post please let me know to delete.

Just in case anyone is in the market. Newegg (via Flash.newegg.com) has these on sale new for US$299. I am not affiliated with newegg in anyway, just a friendly post to let people know of the sale if interested.

Edit: does appear only the CLear version is on sale.

i sold my Walkman A10 and bought zx-1 ... for those interested in bass... clear bass in this player turn the SE 535 into bass canons .. literally ihad dizziness from the huge amount of tight undistorted bass i got from these little monsters.
ps: they hiss more with the ZX 1 than A10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back