Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread
Sep 16, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #3,256 of 4,022
after about less than one year of using my Shure SE535 clear edition ... i noticed that the cable inside ( i can see that as it is the clear edition with the clear cable ) is turning into greenish color !!! ... is that normal ? ... i didn't notice any effect on performance or audio quality it still work fine .... is will be a future effect on performance and will be better to change the cable to get the best performance or it will be not necessary ?

It's oxidation. Common occurrence on copper cables. Doesn't affect sound though.

Sep 16, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #3,258 of 4,022
Received my pair yesterday in the mail - $300 CAD new from London Drugs. I had been reading about these for about a month and didn't even hesitate when I saw them listed at that price (Thanks, Deals thread.)

I am very impressed by these monitors. I ordered a bunch of filters that should arrive today or tomorrow, but I am so far very happy with these. My highest-end IEMs before this were the GR07BE and the Miles Davis Trumpet. The 535 is in another class. 

Excited, is the word to describe myself right now.

Sep 16, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #3,259 of 4,022
  after about less than one year of using my Shure SE535 clear edition ... i noticed that the cable inside ( i can see that as it is the clear edition with the clear cable ) is turning into greenish color !!! ... is that normal ? ... i didn't notice any effect on performance or audio quality it still work fine .... is will be a future effect on performance and will be better to change the cable to get the best performance or it will be not necessary ?

That's likely the copper oxidizing...no big problem really as it is only on the surface.

Sep 17, 2014 at 8:56 AM Post #3,260 of 4,022
I've mentioned this on a few other Shure IEM threads but if anyone's not happy with the stock tips I recommend Klispch Gels. Personally I get a better seal than the olives or foams, they're not as long so the drivers sit closer to the ears and the casing is more flush. They're more comfortable too, thanks to the slight oval shape. I like large.

Sep 26, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #3,262 of 4,022
Sep 29, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #3,264 of 4,022
  Shure doesn't use oxygen-free copper (OFC) on a $500 product?

I'm sure that they do use OFC copper. But in the presence of oxygen (like a small opening on the cable), the copper (outer surface area) will oxidize just the same.

Oct 10, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #3,265 of 4,022
Any one have luck using amps that don't introduce hiss while using the 535/535ltd?

I'm using a DX50 currently as main source and it actually have a very noticeable hiss to me. With the hiss, it kind of annoys me and gave me headache for prolonged listening session, and couldnt focus on the work I'm doing.

I will not let go the 535ltd so adding an amp to the game is the best choice. My budget for amp is around 500 dollars.
I also have a UD120 USB dac that got no amp to pair with yet. I've tried several FiiO amp and didn't like it, it sound a bit grainy IMO, RSA the shadow is kinda interesting but I think it is quite pricey. Any recommendation will be much appreciated.

Oct 10, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #3,266 of 4,022
Any one have luck using amps that don't introduce hiss while using the 535/535ltd?

I'm using a DX50 currently as main source and it actually have a very noticeable hiss to me. With the hiss, it kind of annoys me and gave me headache for prolonged listening session, and couldnt focus on the work I'm doing.

I will not let go the 535ltd so adding an amp to the game is the best choice. My budget for amp is around 500 dollars.
I also have a UD120 USB dac that got no amp to pair with yet. I've tried several FiiO amp and didn't like it, it sound a bit grainy IMO, RSA the shadow is kinda interesting but I think it is quite pricey. Any recommendation will be much appreciated.

Many people here recommends JDS labs c5 as a beautiful pair with SE535 ... Or you can wait for Headstage arrow 5th ... Seems to be very promising and there is Vorza amp for sure

Oct 10, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #3,267 of 4,022
I'll definitely wait for it as I still need a month or 2 to have enough spare money to buy it. I've heard a lot about the C5 but the local sole dealer don't bring it (they only bring the C5D and never consider bringing in C5 anymore *i live in Malaysia). That's pretty bad as most local dealer either bring those TOTL product or popular models, any intermediate stuff will usually be neglected as they mark it as not profitable. And lots of awesome product is not available in Malaysia. :frowning2:
RSA's product definitely caught my attention a lot. :)

Oct 13, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #3,269 of 4,022
Hi guys, I'm really new in this headphone and IEM games so would like to ask for some opinion.

I tested a few IEMs in Jaben Audio in Melbourne and found the well balanced SE535 to my liking. Did some search online using staticice.com.au and found out this website http://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au/astore/Shure-SE535-Sound-Isolating-Earphones.aspx . Is it a legit place to buy it from? I've heard people been buying lots of grey import of OnePlus One phone and it is a genuine one, dont know if you could say the same for their headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back