Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread
Sep 4, 2014 at 1:48 AM Post #3,241 of 4,022
Sup guys!

For anyone that wants to get a little more out of your se535 I have a tip! (Literally)

Check it out the Comply Foam Tip P-series!!! Wow!! This is amazing!

They are longer than normal ones, so it kinda seals from your brain down. I used to drive with my IEMs with the stock Shure foam tips, but no more. I literally can't hear anything else around me, even with very low music playing. So I don't want to crash cuz driving without sound feedback is scary as hell!!

Specially for people like me that loves good music, but don't want to pump the volume up. Just put this tips on and ignore everyone around you!! Hahahah

Sep 4, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #3,242 of 4,022
Does the comply tips you mentioned affects the treble response ? Making it more present as my only little grip on the SE535 is the treble response .. I wished if it would be more treble .. Not by so much but slightly more treble

Sep 4, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #3,243 of 4,022
Does the comply tips you mentioned affects the treble response ? Making it more present as my only little grip on the SE535 is the treble response .. I wished if it would be more treble .. Not by so much but slightly more treble

In general, complys reduce treble. I'm fairly happy with the response from the Westone silicone tips. 

Sep 4, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #3,244 of 4,022
  In general, complys reduce treble. I'm fairly happy with the response from the Westone silicone tips. 

thanks for your reply ... but could you please explain more about Westone silicone tips and how it is compared to shure silicone tips ? as my main concern is to get slightly more treble 
rolleyes.gif

Sep 4, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #3,245 of 4,022
  thanks for your reply ... but could you please explain more about Westone silicone tips and how it is compared to shure silicone tips ? as my main concern is to get slightly more treble 
rolleyes.gif

The Westone tips have a larger bore hole as compared to the Shure tips. The idea is that a wider bore hole allows for more treble. On the other hand, the idea is that  foam will reduce treble. Thus a wider silicone bore hole is better for treble. Thus the reasoning goes. 

Sep 4, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #3,246 of 4,022
The Westone tips have a larger bore hole as compared to the Shure tips. The idea is that a wider bore hole allows for more treble. On the other hand, the idea is that  foam will reduce treble. Thus a wider silicone bore hole is better for treble. Thus the reasoning goes. 

Also, in my opinion, as far as sizes-fit-all tips go, the Westone Star-Tips (silicone) also feel better than any other tips. Especially if you purchase the "sample platter", that has 5 different sizes of the Westone Star-Tips (silicone) and 5 different sizes of the Tru-Fit (foam) to find out which size and material is best for you. If you are still having issues with a deep fit, seal, and/or isolation, it may be time for that person to step up to the exemplary Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves.

Sep 8, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #3,247 of 4,022
Shure made the SE846 plug smartphone / tablet case friendly and the SE846 is the latest Shure iem.

I assume what you actually mean to say is whether there are any prospects of Shure rolling out the SE846 plug design to the rest of the line.

A cheap aftermarket cable is an idea. Also sans memory wire (not that it has ever bothered me) iem are closer / flatter fitting. ymmv

Yes that's what I meant, but even though the SE846 is the latest Shure IEM, the older generation of IEMs (SE530, etc) with the two part Y cable and straight plug were phone and tablet case friendly. Just seems that they failed to incorporate that feature with the current SE215-535.

Sep 9, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #3,249 of 4,022
  Custom sleeves on the SE535? Really - that's a great thought...

well, thats old news. Here's mine: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p6z7kwdpue9s0kn/IMG_2212.JPG?dl=0
Those are from local hearing protection/custom iem shop, who make custom casings for ANY iem there is, as long as its small enough, witch is most.

Sensaphonics customs are only the tip as far as i know, not the full ear, like custom iems are.
Also getting a full ear custom shell for se535 might not be able to be done on, depending your ear size. se535 is already quite big, let alone the new se846

Sep 9, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #3,250 of 4,022
  Custom sleeves on the SE535? Really - that's a great thought...

Yes, Sensaphonics can create custom sleeves for almost all of the Shure IEMs.  Here is a list of what they can and 'can't' make into custom sleeves for you:

From their website:

Custom sleeves for the following models are also interchangeable, providing a clear upgrade path.
SE535 (triple driver)
SE425 (dual driver)
SE315 (single driver)
SE215 (single driver)
We also make custom sleeves for the new SE846 (quad driver). However, it is not interchangeable with the above models.

OLDER AND DISCONTINUED SHURE MODELS
Custom sleeves are available for: SCL3 SCL4 SCL5 SE210 SE310 SE420 SE530 E1 E3 E3c E3g E4 E4c E4g E5 E5c E500PTH
Custom sleeves are NOT available for: E2 E2C SCL2 SE110 SE115

Sep 13, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #3,251 of 4,022
Well, after about a 1.5 year hiatus from IEMs due to some inner ear pain, it seems to have all subsided finally. Not sure why, but thankfully its gone. So I found myself without a top flight IEM and and the SE535s were at the top of my list. I've owned them already twice (and a plethora of other fantastic IEMs), but these are still my favourite sub $1000 IEMs. Glad to be able to use IEMs again...and to have the SE535s back in the fold. Simply magical with the AK100 II!

Sep 13, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #3,252 of 4,022
  Well, after about a 1.5 year hiatus from IEMs due to some inner ear pain, it seems to have all subsided finally. Not sure why, but thankfully its gone. So I found myself without a top flight IEM and and the SE535s were at the top of my list. I've owned them already twice (and a plethora of other fantastic IEMs), but these are still my favourite sub $1000 IEMs. Glad to be able to use IEMs again...and to have the SE535s back in the fold. Simply magical with the AK100 II!

Glad your ear problem cleared up so that you can again drain your wallet on headphones.

You called the SE535s your favorite sub $1,000 IEMs.  Are you including the SE846s (at $999 I think) in that statement?  I ask because I have the SE535s and LOVE them, but am fascinated by the supposed greater bass of the SE8446s (which I have not heard).

Thanks!

Sep 13, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #3,253 of 4,022
Glad your ear problem cleared up so that you can again drain your wallet on headphones.

You called the SE535s your favorite sub $1,000 IEMs.  Are you including the SE846s (at $999 I think) in that statement?  I ask because I have the SE535s and LOVE them, but am fascinated by the supposed greater bass of the SE8446s (which I have not heard).

Thanks!

Definitely not "supposed" greater bass. :bigsmile_face:

If you want to demo the SE846, if you live in the U.S. you can go to your nearest Airport InMotion store. Make sure you have a deep, tight seal to maximize the bass you'll hear/feel. Here's the link (mobile phone version): http://m.inmotionstores.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.inmotionstores.com%2Flocations.html#2935

Sep 13, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #3,254 of 4,022

Thanks!

I was not...I'd put the SE846s in the $1k range. But if you head over to headroom.com, you'll notice the SE535s are flatter from 1kHz down, while the SE846s (regardless of filters) show too much bass to be considered "neutral". I've had the opportunity to hear the SE846s and I can confirm this is the case. As well, the 50Hz and 500Hz square wave plots look more "coherent" on the 535s.

Sep 16, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #3,255 of 4,022
after about less than one year of using my Shure SE535 clear edition ... i noticed that the cable inside ( i can see that as it is the clear edition with the clear cable ) is turning into greenish color !!! ... is that normal ? ... i didn't notice any effect on performance or audio quality it still work fine .... is will be a future effect on performance and will be better to change the cable to get the best performance or it will be not necessary ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back