Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread
Feb 18, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #3,046 of 4,022

I did the same thing to an earlier pair I had, and to tell you the truth, it didn't seem to affect the performance at all. As soon as I realized what I had done, I wedged the buds into the vents of a window unit air conditioner and left them there with it running all night. The next day they played fine. 

Go figure.

Also washed a Sansa Clip DAP at the same time ... the air conditioner trick fixed it too ... played like a champ.

That is encouraging to hear. When I pulled them out of the wash there didn't appear to be water inside (not sure how that happened) so fingers crossed. I'll give them a good while to dry out and see what happens. 

Feb 18, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #3,047 of 4,022

That is encouraging to hear. When I pulled them out of the wash there didn't appear to be water inside (not sure how that happened) so fingers crossed. I'll give them a good while to dry out and see what happens. 

Find some way to accelerate the drying (if indeed water got inside); even a ceiling vent of your central AC would work good. The dried air of the AC cooling helps a lot.

Good luck ...

Feb 18, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #3,048 of 4,022
Two good desiccant systems:

Renewable: Dry-Aid, $10
http://store.sensaphonics.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Dry-Aid+desiccant

Electronic: for tours, heavy sweat situations, $75
http://www.sensaphonics.com/dry-store-zephyr-desiccant-system

Mar 11, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #3,057 of 4,022
Anyone know when the a new line of shure iems is comming? My e500's cable is starting to tear, and the se535 dont seem like too much of a step-up...

Question 2#
Should i reshell them (inearcustom or um?) or trade them in for se535 by shure for 240$? Or keep em in a drawer and get another pair? (UE900, Senn ie800, shure 846)

Thanks for reponses

Mar 15, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #3,060 of 4,022
It depends what tips you are using.  If you are using foam tips it should be the same.
 The Ety tri-flanges also have extreme isolation but I don't know anyone that would use that tip on a Shure product.  More likely a single silicone type tip which would provide less isolation.  I would gauge 20-25% less isolation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back