Shure se215 vs Vsonic gr07 vs Ultimate Ears tf10/700 vs other?! Best earbud in $99-$200 range?! Help
Nov 9, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #31 of 35

Because TF10 have been discontinued, what's left are being charged top dollar.

Besides, it doesn't matter anymore, something like the $200 Dunu DN-1000 hybrid is completely superior.

TF10 are getting old, the dog is having Its day, take it from someone who owned the Triple-fi three times in total.

What has replaced the TF10?
Also, for some reason, I don't like Dunu because they don't seem very reliable. 
Dunu products look like cheap Chinese knock-offs to me. From the wire to the earbud itself, it just looks like its a cheap IEM.
They don't even have good strain reliefs.
I'm not saying anything about the sound, just what I've seen in the pictures.
I like a lot of Chinese products, but I don't feel comfortable spending $200 on something that looks like that.

Nov 9, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #32 of 35
What has replaced the TF10?
Also, for some reason, I don't like Dunu because they don't seem very reliable. 
Dunu products look like cheap Chinese knock-offs to me. From the wire to the earbud itself, it just looks like its a cheap IEM.
They don't even have good strain reliefs.
I'm not saying anything about the sound, just what I've seen in the pictures.
I like a lot of Chinese products, but I don't feel comfortable spending $200 on something that looks like that.

Don't knock it till you try it!

But of course, you can always spend $350 on those TF10. :wink:

Nov 9, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #33 of 35
tf10 all the way.. reshell them and you can thank me later 

even jh13 and roxane not impressed me much 
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 9, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #34 of 35
I replaced the TF10s (with custom Ted's cable) I loved for the Dunu1K, could immediately hear the difference (better!) in sound quality.  Then tried the Altone200, liked that even more than the Dunus.  THEN I bought the Fidue A83 and sold the TF10s and the Dunus.  It all depends on the sound you like.  The TF10s, even with the Ted's cable, sound squashed in the mids compared to the other three iems.  It has a heavy bottom end, as do the Dunus, but they have more detail.  The Atones have bottom punch but they are for people who like sparkly mids and upper trebles (vastly different than the TF10s and the Dunus).  The Fidues are just magic, clean and clear and transparent, smooth across all frequencies.  Slightly narrower soundstage with not a lot of height, but to me that does not make a big difference.  And very comfortable for longer-term listening.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back