Shure se215 vs Vsonic gr07 vs Ultimate Ears tf10/700 vs other?! Best earbud in $99-$200 range?! Help
Mar 10, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #20 of 35
I haven't heard the 215s. So I couldn't give an objective opinion. I have however auditioned the w2's. They have a great soundstage and there is a definate fun factor without the fatigue. They aren't too forward in the mids like shures tend to be, but again it isn't fair to compare without hearing them for myself. But to give you my opinion based on what I know, I think the w2's would suit your tastes. I hope this helped, hopefully someone who has the 215's can chime in. :)

Mar 10, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #21 of 35
I haven't heard the 215s. So I couldn't give an objective opinion. I have however auditioned the w2's. They have a great soundstage and there is a definate fun factor without the fatigue. They aren't too forward in the mids like shures tend to be, but again it isn't fair to compare without hearing them for myself. But to give you my opinion based on what I know, I think the w2's would suit your tastes. I hope this helped, hopefully someone who has the 215's can chime in. :)

Mar 10, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #22 of 35
Can somebody please give me a good comparison (pros cons etc) between the four iem I'm considering purchasing (Shure se215, Westone w2, Ultimate Ears tf10' and Vsonic gr07) listen to everything, mostly alt rock, classic rock??! Currently have klipsch image s4 looking for an upgrade! Plz thanks.

Mar 11, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #23 of 35
Quote:
Can somebody please give me a good comparison (pros cons etc) between the four iem I'm considering purchasing (Shure se215, Westone w2, Ultimate Ears tf10' and Vsonic gr07) listen to everything, mostly alt rock, classic rock??! Currently have klipsch image s4 looking for an upgrade! Plz thanks.

I've owned all those iems, except the W2.

Our tastes in genres seem similar, and nothing on your list holds a candle to the GR07's prowess with rock. Add in their uncanny ability to sound good with any genre, and you're good to go.

The UE700 is another solid option, in that it's almost as good. I had to use foam tips to tame the treble spike though.

Mar 11, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #24 of 35
Quote:

Our tastes in genres seem similar, and nothing on your list holds a candle to the GR07's prowess with rock. Add in their uncanny ability to sound good with any genre, and you're good to go.

The UE700 is another solid option, in that it's almost as good. I had to use foam tips to tame the treble spike though.

+1 on the Gr07's
Much better than the more expensive Heir 4AI's,and the 07's have a good fit,on my ears anyway

Mar 12, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #25 of 35
Can't comment on the W2 or the Shure, but I can tell you a BA 200 clobbers the TF 10.  I spent a year tinkiering fiddling and getting
the 10 sounding great.  Even upgraded the cable which made a big improvement.  I woud take a JVC fxt 90 over them, and after that a Tpeos H 100.  Both are much more enjoyable.  If you like punch and detail the T peos.  If you like muscical warm and intimate abslolutely the
JVC.  If you want the best of both with a very nice, albeit slightly less upper frequency, balance and a subtle loss of speed in the bass then go
TDK BA 200.  After full burn in and a good amp in front, I don't feel like I'm giving up anything and I actually find the upper frequency very
consistent with live acoustic instruments.  If you can throw another 40 or 50 bucks at them, consider the Sony XBA 30. They have the same qualities from what a reliable source informs me.  A little more high freq presence but still musically balanced, a bit less seductive midrange
and a somewhat wider and deeper soundstage.  You get a third armature in the Sony.  The TDK uses 2.  With careful shopping you can
get the TDK's for about $130 to $140. I got mine with only a few hours use for a good bit less.

My two cents,

Happy listening,

Jgwtriode

May 6, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #26 of 35
Quote:

If I were to say this about these headphones:

TF10: amazing separation, nasty hidden recessed mids make music listening boring, using comply's ruined the sound quality for me
Grado 325i: LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the excitement from these, care less about smallish soundstage

GR-07 will be good times?

May 6, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #27 of 35
Quote:

If I were to say this about these headphones:

TF10: amazing separation, nasty hidden recessed mids make music listening boring, using comply's ruined the sound quality for me
Grado 325i: LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the excitement from these, care less about smallish soundstage

GR-07 will be good times?

Given that I dislike the TF10 for the same reasons, along with the metallic tone, I think you'll enjoy the GR07.

Nov 8, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #29 of 35
why can I only find the UE TF10's for around $350 now?
that's not <$200

Nov 8, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #30 of 35
  why can I only find the UE TF10's for around $350 now?
that's not <$200

Because TF10 have been discontinued, what's left are being charged top dollar.

Besides, it doesn't matter anymore, something like the $200 Dunu DN-1000 hybrid is completely superior.

TF10 are getting old, the dog is having Its day, take it from someone who owned the Triple-fi three times in total.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back