Shure se215 vs Vsonic gr07 vs Ultimate Ears tf10/700 vs other?! Best earbud in $99-$200 range?! Help
Mar 9, 2013 at 5:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

letsgododgers

New Head-Fier
Trying to decide on the best pair of earbuds in the $99-$199 range (tentatively)

I currently own the Klipsch S4i rugged and I love them however I would like to take it up a notch or two and really "feel the music"

(I listen to a WIDE ranch of music primarily rock,alt rock, classic rock, hit hop, pop everything from Cake, rhcp, sublime, muse, Beatles, queen, led zeppelin, acdc, Stevie wonder, cat Stevens, bill withers, beach boys, Michael Jackson, dr dre, eminem, gorillaz, Beethoven, Mozart etc... )

After some research I've narrowed down a few options...
I would love to get some feedback opinions advice!

Here are the ones I'm considering:
Shure se215, se315
Ultimate Ears triple fi 10/ ue700
Vsonic GR07
Westone 1/2
Sennhieser?
Etymotic Research?

Mar 9, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #5 of 35
All I can add is that the GR07 are $40 off right now at lendmeurears, which feels closer to $100 rather than $200 
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 10, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #8 of 35
My source of is mainly my iPhone, sometimes laptop/iPad

.I'm really looking to for the best all around phones for the price, narrowed down within this tier ( se215, tf10, gr07, w2)...I'd like a pair that has nice musical acurate lows, robust clear mids and vocals, and clear sparkly highs.

..I would say balance and overall sq is a big factor

Mar 10, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #10 of 35
I have a friend who swears by monster. And I actually thought they sounded good. (He also uses an iPhone) . He works out on a daily basis and they've help up beautifully, over a year. It's been some time since I've listened to them, but what really stood out was the clarity and how punchy the bass was, even at capacity. And a lifetime warranty is hard to beat....

Mar 10, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #11 of 35
I have a friend who swears by monster. And I actually thought they sounded good. (He also uses an iPhone) . He works out on a daily basis and they've help up beautifully, over a year. It's been some time since I've listened to them, but what really stood out was the clarity and how punchy the bass was, even at capacity. And a lifetime warranty is hard to beat....

Mar 10, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #12 of 35
tf10 all the way. some of the best earphones ive owned. tf10 pro compare to earphones in the 500+ dollar range. if you like the signature and fitment is good these are major contenders.

shure 215-315 dont compare against the tf10 neither do the monster turbines. ive owned all of those and the tf10 have better sound quality.

Mar 10, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #14 of 35
The TF10 is an excellent earphone if you can fit them (I've had absolutely no problem with them but my ears are rather large). If not, there's always reshelling.

I think it's my favorite earphone. Even though it's a bit distant in the mids (not anywhere near as much as you'd think though, given their reputation) there's something about the TF10 that always keeps calling me back.

Mar 10, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #15 of 35
Fwiw....I tinkered with Tf 10's for a year. Replaced cables which improved them a lot. I got them to fit OK but despite that really enjoyed them until they failed. Moving forward I found the T peos H 100's much better in every way especially in the bass, midrange and soundstaging. The JVC Fxt 90's were ultimately more enjoyable than the T peos since they were more musically involving with better midrange, depth, layering and more relaxed highs with a warmer overall presentation. The H 100's still had better bass and a wider sounstage, were a bit faster, more detailed and had a bit of that Tf 10 v signature. But after burning in the JVC's I couldn't listen to the 100's anymore. I bought the TDK BA 200's and sent the JVC's to my son. Having almost fully burned them I can tell you they nsound more like live acoustic music than anything I have previously hears other than very expensive home audio systems I have previously owned. No longer work in that industry or have that level of equipment but these with my current amp and a computer are eminently satisfying. I find almost every right with them. It could be argued that they are a bit recessed in the upper frequencies, a good amp improves that, but the previous buds were all to bright compared to either good home audio or live music. My two cents....happy listening.

Jgwtriode

Users who are viewing this thread

Back