Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic Earphones
Nov 23, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #2,656 of 6,073
In a cruel twist of fate, Amazon sent me a pair of SE215's instead.  Just my luck.  I'm leaving town tomorrow so I'm sort of screwed, but I'm trying to have a pair shipped to my destination.

Question: does the box include a mini to mini cable to go from my source unit to the SE1500?

Yes, the accessories include a 3.5mm to 3.5mm interconnect.

Nov 24, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #2,657 of 6,073
Hey, I have had the 1500 for a few months but I am having trouble with the short micro USB to lightning cable. I would like to know where to buy extended micro USB to lightning cable. Also, if other solutions like an extension cord are available.

Nov 24, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #2,658 of 6,073
In Tokyo the cables are easily accessible from e-earphone. However internationally I don't know where you could find them. I believe Shure Asia shows it as an optional accessory but don't know about Shure elsewhere.

Out with my KSE's today

Nov 24, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #2,660 of 6,073
I've been looking for a much shorter cable than the stock Shures Lightning to use with my iPhone but seems not all Lightining to MicroUSB are useable.

If you know someone who makes one that works, do let me know.

Nov 24, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #2,661 of 6,073
I've been looking for a much shorter cable than the stock Shures Lightning to use with my iPhone but seems not all Lightining to MicroUSB are useable.

If you know someone who makes one that works, do let me know.

Sean,

Ask and ye shall receive.
http://penonaudio.com/Lightning-to-Micro-USB-Pure-Silver-Cable
It works flawlessly

Nov 25, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #2,663 of 6,073
In Tokyo the cables are easily accessible from e-earphone. However internationally I don't know where you could find them. I believe Shure Asia shows it as an optional accessory but don't know about Shure elsewhere.

Out with my KSE's today

WoW that interconnect :heart_eyes:

Nov 26, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #2,664 of 6,073
Any one know if any other manufacture has or will be introducing electrostatic iem's ?

Nov 26, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #2,667 of 6,073
Great news if anyone is interested in the KSE1500. Earphone Solutions (an authorized Shure dealer) is having a cyber sale and a new KSE1500 is priced at $2,250.00. The coupon code is CYBER.
http://www.earphonesolutions.com/shure-earphones.html
The sale is good though Monday.

Nov 27, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #2,668 of 6,073

Out with my KSE's today

Hi, what source are you using? I've been using the AK 380 with the volume set at line out and KSE with input padding -10dB.

However, I found that the end result is not as preferrable as simply connecting it to an iPhone 6 running the TEAC HR player.

The imaging of the sound stage is in better shape.
No more distortion due to the high sensitivity of the line in port of the KSE 1500. 
I eventually gave up on MicroUSB extension cables and went with lightning extension cable as they are of far better build quality than most of the microUSB cables I saw.
Now I am trying to figure out a way of putting the KSE 1500 horizontally on my belt so that it does not seem obvious when I take it with me.

Nov 27, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #2,669 of 6,073

Out with my KSE's today

Mm..I love that fat interconnect. What is it? Seems these days, I prefer analog to usb when using the KSE 1500 by a margin of 10 to 1.

Nov 27, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #2,670 of 6,073
Mm..I love that fat interconnect. What is it? Seems these days, I prefer analog to usb when using the KSE 1500 by a margin of 10 to 1.

ALO Super Cotton. I don't know if they still make them anymore. Ping Ken and see if has any left.

Hi, what source are you using? I've been using the AK 380 with the volume set at line out and KSE with input padding -10dB.

However, I found that the end result is not as preferrable as simply connecting it to an iPhone 6 running the TEAC HR player.

The imaging of the sound stage is in better shape.
No more distortion due to the high sensitivity of the line in port of the KSE 1500. 
I eventually gave up on MicroUSB extension cables and went with lightning extension cable as they are of far better build quality than most of the microUSB cables I saw.
Now I am trying to figure out a way of putting the KSE 1500 horizontally on my belt so that it does not seem obvious when I take it with me.

That's what I do usually....AK380 LineOut with input padding @ -10dB. Some albums, I have to go to -20dB and manually control the volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back