Shuoer impressions thread
Dec 19, 2020 at 12:31 PM Post #2,926 of 3,872
Just written up some impressions of the new Shuoer Tape Pro, take a look here if you fancy: www.modioaudio.co.uk/blog/shuoer-tape-pro-review.

DSCF6944 (3).JPG

Dec 19, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #2,927 of 3,872
Just written up some impressions of the new Shuoer Tape Pro, take a look here if you fancy: www.modioaudio.co.uk/blog/shuoer-tape-pro-review.

Excellent review, I enjoyed it, hit all the points on the bullseye. Although I think most of whom dislike TP prob was due to the different tuning departed from Harman’s... as illustrated by Antdroid. From their FR measurement, there’s no QC or unit variants issues (yet)

Dec 19, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #2,928 of 3,872
Got my Tape Pro yesterday (and the BLON01) and to be honest guys so far I am not particularly impressed. Bass is on point but the mids seem shouty to me and the treble just lacks energy/sparkle or the details just get lost behind the aggressive mids. I'm just not hearing that amazing detail retrieval that I kept hearing about the Tape. The worse part for me though is the shell shape. There's sharp edges on the outside of the shell and they start digging into my ears after a while so it's even harder for me to justify putting them into my ears.

I'm juggling between the YBF, the BLON01 the Smabat Black Bat and the Tape Pro right now and my personal initial impression is that the Tape Pro comes last in both sound quality and fit.

Dec 19, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #2,929 of 3,872
Got my Tape Pro yesterday (and the BLON01) and to be honest guys so far I am not particularly impressed. Bass is on point but the mids seem shouty to me and the treble just lacks energy/sparkle or the details just get lost behind the aggressive mids. I'm just not hearing that amazing detail retrieval that I kept hearing about the Tape. The worse part for me though is the shell shape. There's sharp edges on the outside of the shell and they start digging into my ears after a while so it's even harder for me to justify putting them into my ears.

I'm juggling between the YBF, the BLON01 the Smabat Black Bat and the Tape Pro right now and my personal initial impression is that the Tape Pro comes last in both sound quality and fit.

I got both Tape Pro and BL01 as well, I am in total agreement with you on Tape Pro findings. BL01’s stems are too short I had fit/seal issues, extended the stems to have good fit and seal. BL01 sounds awesome as price to performance ratio, it only cost $22.99.

106546E2-45EF-435F-B7C3-54786F75B3D5.jpeg4AA6488C-0E52-4BA7-BD09-C721E4C6A2E1.jpeg

Dec 19, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #2,931 of 3,872
I got both Tape Pro and BL01 as well, I am in total agreement with you on Tape Pro findings. BL01’s stems are too short I had fit/seal issues, extended the stems to have good fit and seal. BL01 sounds awesome as price to performance ratio, it only cost $22.99.

106546E2-45EF-435F-B7C3-54786F75B3D5.jpeg4AA6488C-0E52-4BA7-BD09-C721E4C6A2E1.jpeg

For 22.99$, the BL01 are definitely incredible. Definitely a much more natural sounding tuning than the Tape Pro. I personally don't mind the short stems as I prefer a shallow fit with large tips anyway. I just wish the stems were larger though as it limits my choice of tips, especially the wide bore kind which I tend to prefer on "bassy" IEMs.

Dec 19, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #2,932 of 3,872

The hand cream (initially) sent me in the wrong direction. I thought you were setting up for a quite Saturday night, of reflection. 🙈

Dec 19, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #2,934 of 3,872

Same. that was also my initial view on both the Pro and BL01. I also thought ootb the pro sounded mid-shouty and treble-choked, while the BL01 was just straight up sparkly and revealing from the get go..

but do try give the Pro a little more playtime. If your unit happens to follow the same "burn in" pattern as mine, those mid peak would flattened and the treble veil/harshness should clear out.

It changed it's fate from "i would sell this" to "hmmm.. i think i should keep this around longer" for me.

this was the playlist that i used when testing and "burning them in". might worth to check out to see if it would get the similar result

Dec 19, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #2,935 of 3,872
Same. that was also my initial view on both the Pro and BL01. I also thought ootb the pro sounded mid-shouty and treble-choked, while the BL01 was just straight up sparkly and revealing from the get go..

but do try give the Pro a little more playtime. If your unit happens to follow the same "burn in" pattern as mine, those mid peak would flattened and the treble veil/harshness should clear out.

It changed it's fate from "i would sell this" to "hmmm.. i think i should keep this around longer" for me.

this was the playlist that i used when testing and "burning them in". might worth to check out to see if it would get the similar result

I don't really believe in burn-in, but I'll definitely be listening to them more. I switched up them up to "bass mode" by reversing the little screws and like them a little more that way. I think the increased bass helps balance out the mids to some extend, but in the end the treble is still nothing to be excited about. They don't sound "bad" and I could see my brain eventually accepting them as "reality" if I only listened to them, but they are not amazing in any way to me otherwise. The YBF, the BL01, the KPE, the Black Bat.... All of those had me go "Yeah, this is good!" from the moment I pressed play. I think that's how you know that an earphone is actually good, for yourself anyway. In the end I think they are just going to collect dust for me. My wallet wants to love them, but my brain is resisting and my outer ears are like "hell no". :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #2,936 of 3,872
I don't really believe in burn-in, but I'll definitely be listening to them more. I switched up them up to "bass mode" by reversing the little screws and like them a little more that way. I think the increased bass helps balance out the mids to some extend, but in the end the treble is still nothing to be excited about. They don't sound "bad" and I could see my brain eventually accepting them as "reality" if I only listened to them, but they are not amazing in any way to me otherwise. The YBF, the BL01, the KPE, the Black Bat.... All of those had me go "Yeah, this is good!" from the moment I pressed play. I think that's how you know that an earphone is actually good, for yourself anyway. In the end I think they are just going to collect dust for me. My wallet wants to love them, but my brain is resisting and my outer ears are like "hell no". :beyersmile:

yup, I'm to not a big "burn in" type, and i would prefer earphones sounded just the way they were ootb, but i also know from experience that some earphones do change as it plays, some to the better, and alas.. also some for the worse. at least it would give the Pro a more fair assessment before you decide to keep it or toss it out :grin:

i played around with the bass port too, even leaving them fully open and experimented on them with my fingers, just to hear how the sound changes :smile:

this Tape Pro is still not a solid recommendation for me, because it definitely a "must be tried (for a quite long periode of time) to decide" kind of deal, and at 100ish usd, it is a bit if a gamble for some... You might have units like mine that have to go through a bit of time to settle in, some units might not have to, and that "end" sound might as well not how they like it to be.

i sent my unit to a friend for him to have a listen, and he too said that the Pro is a solid improvement from the older Tape (like me, he also had it once), and he also think it's a more fitting and worth it to buy the Tape Pro for that price than to buy the LZ A7 (that i also sent to him) for the 300ish usd price. He considers the Pro to be more musical to listen.

at least for my unit, my ears definitely not giving me a distorted and subjective conclusions, as my friend confirmed what my impressions on that particular unit.

Dec 19, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #2,937 of 3,872
This is a subjective hobby and all, but to require that much eq just to make the tape pro an "average" IEM to you tells me that there must be some sort of unit variation. I can agree with some of the assessment if I'm being critical (bass bloat / flat sound / veiled highs) but the tuning sounded very tight to me. And I own a variety of sets in different price ranges so I don't think my sense of what is considered correct is completely flawed.

I hope someone can get to the bottom of this because it's very strange. The other thing I've noticed is that some of you guys (mainly in Singapore) have the ability to have multiple people sample the set. And oddly when multiple people gave listened to a single set, they all have the same opinion. Yet in this thread there are a number of people that really like the set or at least describe it as good but not great.

I would like to see a situation where multiple people listen to the same set and have actual varying opinions. Until that happens I'm going to go with the unit variation theory as that's the only thing that can explain the opinions being so polarized on this set.
ok noted, with this pandemic I would not suggest a gathering of multiple people for opinions.

I bought direct from my dealer, when I sensed something was wrong with STP on day one, I alerted my dealer to get ready to be RMA.

What I may suggest at this point , give it time to shine while it's still under warranty coverage.😊

Dec 20, 2020 at 2:17 AM Post #2,938 of 3,872
Like RicSAD said; My wallet wants to love them, but my brain is resisting and I'm feeling %100 the same.
Tomorrow is my last day of my 7 day return policy from Linsoul and I still don't know what to do with it.

Dec 20, 2020 at 2:41 AM Post #2,939 of 3,872
Like RicSAD said; My wallet wants to love them, but my brain is resisting and I'm feeling %100 the same.
Tomorrow is my last day of my 7 day return policy from Linsoul and I still don't know what to do with it.
Get Linsoul to extend return policy with your set? Does your set sounds bloated in the lower frequency?

Dec 22, 2020 at 1:58 AM Post #2,940 of 3,872
Hello everyone, look what early Xmas presents my contact found from China! Apparently posted on someone’s Wechat account who’s from Shuoer :gs1000smile:

Details are limited, obviously a 9-driver set with 4 sound bores!!! So this is not the EJ07 Pro I was waiting for then but rather a new flagship...EJ09!!! hopefully more news will come out in coming days, let’s stand by :)
A5A2E4B6-17CF-492A-B4DB-A3A2576D4EE6.jpeg
39DBE4CE-B8D3-4D9C-99A3-B5F597BA6BAE.jpeg
D63948B0-22A6-46F5-B812-A9C0A0703DCC.jpeg
D7DF63FB-C68A-45BF-8BC4-F1D51AE36957.jpeg
3444FB67-0746-491B-854A-36CE7D7A1CDF.jpeg
30454AC7-D7DF-41FD-8AA8-0318EEA4D5B7.jpeg

Have to say I’m not a huge fan of this new look thou...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back