Shuoer impressions thread
Dec 22, 2020 at 2:02 AM Post #2,941 of 3,872
Hello everyone, look what early Xmas presents my contact found from China! Apparently posted on someone’s Wechat account who’s from Shuoer :gs1000smile:

Details are limited, obviously a 9-driver set with 4 sound bores!!! So this is not the EJ07 Pro I was waiting for then but rather a new flagship...EJ09!!! hopefully more news will come out in coming days, let’s stand by :)
A5A2E4B6-17CF-492A-B4DB-A3A2576D4EE6.jpeg39DBE4CE-B8D3-4D9C-99A3-B5F597BA6BAE.jpegD63948B0-22A6-46F5-B812-A9C0A0703DCC.jpegD7DF63FB-C68A-45BF-8BC4-F1D51AE36957.jpeg3444FB67-0746-491B-854A-36CE7D7A1CDF.jpeg30454AC7-D7DF-41FD-8AA8-0318EEA4D5B7.jpeg
Have to say I’m not a huge fan of this new look thou...
Do I need to buy insurance?😄😊

Dec 22, 2020 at 2:13 AM Post #2,942 of 3,872

I feel that both the tuning, timbre, and technical performance of the Tape Pro is very lacking. While tuning can be subjective, I do think that there is quite a bit of bass bloat, and there's a severe lack of treble. The large drop-off in sound after 4KHz is evident of this, and this really creates a dark, grainy and super veiled sound. It makes it sound very low-resolution.

I think this largely corroborates @RikudouGoku's report, which is nice to see :)

Dec 22, 2020 at 2:18 AM Post #2,943 of 3,872
Do I need to buy insurance?😄😊
How safe there in MY/SG :) otherwise standard 12-m warranty I’d assume :D

But you are right, since it’s now labelled EJ09 instead of 07 pro, my guess is will be higher priced! I’ll wait for reviews first before deciding, as usual :) I’m sure BGGAR/HBB / other reviewers will get (if not already) one

Dec 22, 2020 at 6:53 AM Post #2,945 of 3,872
I was aware of the details of the EJ09 release, but I was silent, as I promised not to spread this information to the person :) I haven't seen any pictures of them. We are waiting for feedback, details, reviews. I can only say the obvious-the price will be much higher.
You defi kept that well! I have heard rumours but never confirmed pics until this morning. No other details as of yet, apart from what’s shown by the pics... 9 drivers and 4 sound bores (so I guess will be 4-way cross vs EJ07’s 3-way)

Price wise not mentioned anywhere so I will hope it’s still kept in Shuoer’s super high performance/price ratio, that they don’t go crazy high... most importantly if it sounds better than EJ07, more drivers not necessarily means better sound. I’m intrigued to find out more how better can be, not guarantee will be better right.

Is this why you decided to go ahead with EJ07? It’s still amazing set regardless anyways, you defi made a good decision

Dec 22, 2020 at 7:17 AM Post #2,946 of 3,872
You defi kept that well! I have heard rumours but never confirmed pics until this morning. No other details as of yet, apart from what’s shown by the pics... 9 drivers and 4 sound bores (so I guess will be 4-way cross vs EJ07’s 3-way)

Price wise not mentioned anywhere so I will hope it’s still kept in Shuoer’s super high performance/price ratio, that they don’t go crazy high... most importantly if it sounds better than EJ07, more drivers not necessarily means better sound. I’m intrigued to find out more how better can be, not guarantee will be better right.

Is this why you decided to go ahead with EJ07? It’s still amazing set regardless anyways, you defi made a good decision
I just promised a man, and you have to keep your word. And I decided to go further with the Shuher EJ 07 because it is one of the few headphones that play music very vividly. Chic high-speed and deep bass, which has the characteristics of a speaker and balanced armature, not a littered mid-frequency range and comfortable very voluminous high frequencies, although not record-breaking to the very last kilohertz that the human ear can hear, but they are more than enough for comfortable listening to music. You need to pay more attention to the quality of the recording than to look for flaws in the setup of these wonderful headphones.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #2,949 of 3,872
Im just chatting with the Shuoer support folks. They were not specific but said expect a LOT more.. maybe double. I really hope I am wrong.

Dec 22, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #2,950 of 3,872
Im just chatting with the Shuoer support folks. They were not specific but said expect a LOT more.. maybe double. I really hope I am wrong.
Double?! Shoot that’s mental... let’s wait for details to come out, I suppose, if it’s amazing and sound better than MEST, then they are free to charge however you feel right. Still... wow if even more than Z1R is just insane

Dec 22, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #2,951 of 3,872
I've been geeking out on the pics of the EJ09.
I think I can see a few things

-1xDD. Maaaybe larger 13mm ? unsure hard to tell
-at least 3xBA, I think 2 of the EJ sonions and 1 more larger one
-4 bore, 4 way crossover
-2 dampers right in the bore (white)
-I cannot see EST drivers or the transformer but I assume they are in there
-Graph is pretty good looking, hard to tell details but given what it looks like, the upper treble is higher energy compared to the EJ.. but very well controlled.

Dec 22, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #2,952 of 3,872
I've been geeking out on the pics of the EJ09.
I think I can see a few things

-1xDD. Maaaybe larger 13mm ? unsure hard to tell
-at least 3xBA, I think 2 of the EJ sonions and 1 more larger one
-4 bore, 4 way crossover
-2 dampers right in the bore (white)
-I cannot see EST drivers or the transformer but I assume they are in there
-Graph is pretty good looking, hard to tell details but given what it looks like, the upper treble is higher energy compared to the EJ.. but very well controlled.
I’ll wait for your review if don’t mind :D

Since it’s called EJ09 - I’d agree with you on all above, I can see the large BA there too so 3 BAs might be correct but where’s the additional one? Could it be 2DDs? Couldn’t see that, and you made a great point about the treble energy - could there be where this missing 9th driver sits?

Saw the FR chart on their FB page, looking sleek! The treble is defi improved on EJ07 as you pointed out, can’t wait to here how you and others think about it!!

Dec 24, 2020 at 9:08 PM Post #2,953 of 3,872
Hi all, I would like to buy a Shuoer IEM but I can't decide between EJ07 and Conductor. I mostly listen to metal (progressive, thrash, death, core, heavy), and occasionaly jazz and rock, but I'd like to buy one of these 2 Shuoer for metal and those "busy" subgenres.
I don't like when trebles are too prominent because I'm sensitive to trebles, and I would the bass very fast and punchy.
It seems that Conductor IEMs have more bass impact but less rumble than EJ07, but what about trebles?
For example, Fearless S8F hurts my ears a bit in some tracks (I suppose in cause of trebles or higher mids).
Can you guys help me decide the best one for me? I can't buy them all to try and decide....

Dec 24, 2020 at 10:46 PM Post #2,954 of 3,872
Hi all, I would like to buy a Shuoer IEM but I can't decide between EJ07 and Conductor. I mostly listen to metal (progressive, thrash, death, core, heavy), and occasionaly jazz and rock, but I'd like to buy one of these 2 Shuoer for metal and those "busy" subgenres.
I don't like when trebles are too prominent because I'm sensitive to trebles, and I would the bass very fast and punchy.
It seems that Conductor IEMs have more bass impact but less rumble than EJ07, but what about trebles?
For example, Fearless S8F hurts my ears a bit in some tracks (I suppose in cause of trebles or higher mids).
Can you guys help me decide the best one for me? I can't buy them all to try and decide....

I've owned both the Conductor and EJ07. For metal and especially for treble sensitivity, I can easily recommend the EJ07.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back