Shuoer impressions thread
Dec 18, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #2,896 of 3,872
I seconded chinmie, my STP has rewake from a coma😄

Dec 18, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #2,898 of 3,872
for a long time i went to this difficult choice. although the new model shuoer ej will be released soon, but i do not expect a miracle from it. :)
Newer is certainly not always better, especially if you already like the sound of the current item. This is a very subjective hobby. It’s not like a new model of TV or computer.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #2,902 of 3,872
1 entire year for this.....

3hBK.gif

Dec 18, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #2,903 of 3,872
Yea a few of folks didn’t like TP at all, either something wrong in my personal or preference or my hearing got destroyed by listening loud EJ07, I really like TP & believe along with a few more others who do like TP though.

Certainly a hugely polarised set that’s for sure. As per earlier discussion, TP seemed needed proper power with balanced cable (or at least not using the cheap doggy one came in the package) and it will really shine.

Dec 18, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #2,904 of 3,872
Yea a few of folks didn’t like TP at all, either something wrong in my personal or preference or my hearing got destroyed by listening loud EJ07, I really like TP & believe along with a few more others who do like TP though.

Certainly a hugely polarised set that’s for sure. As per earlier discussion, TP seemed needed proper power with balanced cable (or at least not using the cheap doggy one came in the package) and it will really shine.
Well, I used the Ibasso DX160 on balanced. So that is 6.4 vrms, not sure what the output power is specifically, but it is higher than my previous Fiio M11 (that had 500 mw). I also tried it on the JDS Atom (1 watt) and on the Little Dot 1+ (800mw). And it sounded like garbage on all of them.

Judging by what antdroid has in his signature:
1608326474035.png

Power should definitely not be a problem for him either.

Dec 18, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #2,905 of 3,872
Well, I used the Ibasso DX160 on balanced. So that is 6.4 vrms, not sure what the output power is specifically, but it is higher than my previous Fiio M11 (that had 500 mw). I also tried it on the JDS Atom (1 watt) and on the Little Dot 1+ (800mw). And it sounded like garbage on all of them.

Yea I saw your detailed review and very surprised your take on the TP indeed... so weird as like you that I too enjoyed OG and found TP a genuinely enhance version all over the OG but it seemed totally wrong for you and a few others. I’m sure your setup is perfect and the FR chart actually match to official one so shouldn’t be a QC issue either!

Guess our hearing ability and preference just vastly different then... sorry it didn’t work out for you (but luckily you got the chance for reviewing it not like the other who had to take a discount offload them)

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #2,906 of 3,872
Yea I saw your detailed review and very surprised your take on the TP indeed... so weird as like you that I too enjoyed OG and found TP a genuinely enhance version all over the OG but it seemed totally wrong for you and a few others. I’m sure your setup is perfect and the FR chart actually match to official one so shouldn’t be a QC issue either!

Guess our hearing ability and preference just vastly different then... sorry it didn’t work out for you (but luckily you got the chance for reviewing it not like the other who had to take a discount offload them)
yeah, I am glad I didnt pay for it....

Although it is the Tape + EQ that I love, NOT stock Tape either (but I take it 100 out of 100 times over the pro at least).

Dec 18, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #2,907 of 3,872
yeah, I am glad I didnt pay for it....

Although it is the Tape + EQ that I love, NOT stock Tape either (but I take it 100 out of 100 times over the pro at least).
Maybe you can find another perfect set of EQ to make TP a great TOTL set :D

I don’t like playing with EQ, back then only few songs I had to lower vol but then after using EJ07, I couldn’t stand the poor mids of OG any longer... TP for me on the contrast the mids are much better, under higher vol thou

Dec 18, 2020 at 4:39 PM Post #2,908 of 3,872
Maybe you can find another perfect set of EQ to make TP a great TOTL set :D

I don’t like playing with EQ, back then only few songs I had to lower vol but then after using EJ07, I couldn’t stand the poor mids of OG any longer... TP for me on the contrast the mids are much better, under higher vol thou
I actually tried to EQ it. Didnt help it much at all, sure I could remove the peaks but there was nothing I could do to help the quality.

Tape (EQ) VS Pro (EQ), was like comparing a TOTL iem vs a sub 20 usd iem lol.

Dec 18, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #2,909 of 3,872
At $40 off of list, I've been going back and forth on picking up a pair of Tape Pros from the Buy, Sell or Trade subforum. As I'm really enjoying my slightly modified Tapes; while they're not world beaters, they are quite enjoyable. But this review (as @antdroid preferences closely mimic mine) drives the last nail into the box, for the Pros.

Onto the Fiio FD5, maybe

Dec 18, 2020 at 7:23 PM Post #2,910 of 3,872

1608326474035.png

Ahh my profile gear was outdated. I just updated it again. :)

I mostly listened to the Tape Pro on the Topping A90 + Schiit Bifrost 2 and the Lotoo PAW 6000 DAP. I used both the stock cable and my own 4.4mm cables for balanced output on my devices, though the Lotoo 6k has same output power on both 4.4mm and 3.5mm.

At $40 off of list, I've been going back and forth on picking up a pair of Tape Pros from the Buy, Sell or Trade subforum. As I'm really enjoying my slightly modified Tapes; while they're not world beaters, they are quite enjoyable. But this review (as @antdroid preferences closely mimic mine) drives the last nail into the box, for the Pros.

Onto the Fiio FD5, maybe

I'm just one guy. I always recommend hearing it yourself or taking several users' feedback if you can't. But obviously, I personally don't like this set that much and I don't recommend it to people who share similar tastes as me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back