Shuoer impressions thread
Oct 14, 2019 at 5:17 AM Post #92 of 3,872
Just got the tape and so far I much prefer it to the P1, clarity is similar but to me the tapes sound cleaner than the P1's with all my music so far.

They definitely sound more open than the p1 plus the subbass is more pronounced.

The P1 was good too but something about it didn't vibe with with me, plus I buy iems for portability and would rather avoid needing a full sized headphone amp when I have speakers for that kind of listening.

Would have been nice if I could a/b directly but my P1 has already been returned.

Audio is subjective to the individuals taste but based off my initial impressions these are more along the lines of what I was looking for when I initially ordered the p1. Very Noyce.

Forgot to add- The fit is no contest, miles better than the P1 for me.
How about the mids specially vocals quality and positioning , are the mids sound thin or with just right weight/thickness ?

Oct 14, 2019 at 5:32 AM Post #93 of 3,872
Oct 14, 2019 at 6:03 AM Post #94 of 3,872
The new King of ChiFi, I can hardly keep up with IEMs getting de-throned in less than 8 weeks or so it seems.
Will be weekly from 2020....hehe.

Oct 14, 2019 at 7:32 AM Post #95 of 3,872
Awaiting more impressions of Shuoer Tape, if anyone can compare with Kxxs I appreciate it.

Oct 14, 2019 at 7:35 AM Post #96 of 3,872
Just got the tape and so far I much prefer it to the P1, clarity is similar but to me the tapes sound cleaner than the P1's with all my music so far.

They definitely sound more open than the p1 plus the subbass is more pronounced.

The P1 was good too but something about it didn't vibe with with me, plus I buy iems for portability and would rather avoid needing a full sized headphone amp when I have speakers for that kind of listening.

Would have been nice if I could a/b directly but my P1 has already been returned.

Audio is subjective to the individuals taste but based off my initial impressions these are more along the lines of what I was looking for when I initially ordered the p1. Very Noyce.

Forgot to add- The fit is no contest, miles better than the P1 for me.

Is there any comparison with other IEMs?

Oct 14, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #97 of 3,872

Only comparison i found so far and its to the Tin P1 if that helps by our very own Hawaiibadboy

Oct 14, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #98 of 3,872
is there by any chance anyone compared the Tape to the MT100?

Oct 14, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #99 of 3,872
just got mine today
straight out of the box
no extra amping
the sound with a good seal was eye opening
detail, stage, dynamics and bass where all there
should be on everyone's 11/11 Ali list
The P1 with adequate amping is just as good but you need the power
definitely a keeper no regrets for both
I'm no audiophile but these make the music come to life

Oct 14, 2019 at 11:16 PM Post #100 of 3,872
just got mine today
straight out of the box
no extra amping
the sound with a good seal was eye opening
detail, stage, dynamics and bass where all there
should be on everyone's 11/11 Ali list
The P1 with adequate amping is just as good but you need the power
definitely a keeper no regrets for both
I'm no audiophile but these make the music come to life

Glad you dig it. Was totally surprised by these. P1 clarity with...Bass

Oct 14, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #101 of 3,872
Oct 15, 2019 at 4:48 AM Post #105 of 3,872
If you want to have iems for different specializations, then come down the rabbit hole with us... :smiling_imp:

I have the tfz no.3. Is it worth the side grade?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back