Shuoer impressions thread
Oct 18, 2019 at 5:47 AM Post #121 of 3,872
Hello guys,

Not wanting to buy a dap for this but I'm jsut wondering if this can be driven easily by a smart phone say an iPhone? Anyone can try it?

These are very easy to drive. No need for a dap.

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #123 of 3,872
Some nice eq with a good cable and tips is about all you can do for bass unless someone is feeling adventurous AF and wants to take it appart for modding

Oct 18, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #124 of 3,872
Some nice eq with a good cable and tips is about all you can do for bass unless someone is feeling adventurous AF and wants to take it appart for modding
Given the design of this one I'd highly recommend against trying to take this fully apart given how the electrostat is stacked on top of the DD.

Can you put foam in the nozzle though? That might help dampen the highs to give the bass a boost.

Unfortunately I'm still waiting for mine too arrive so I don't know the feasibility of that...

Oct 18, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #125 of 3,872
Best Combo
IMG_20191019_011507.jpg

Oct 18, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #127 of 3,872
Oct 18, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #130 of 3,872
Yep, with recent comments vs Sony N3 and putting foam in the nozzle - that should redial the upper end if its getting too hot at higher volume and get more access to the lows and mids as basically N1 and N3 both have sponge in the nozzles vs grills aiding their more speaker-like darker full bodied presentation...alternative to EQ-ing.

Oct 19, 2019 at 5:18 AM Post #131 of 3,872
I did use powerdacv2 with hptoy app to do eqing.
Can you get OK volume dial with PDV2 and Tape ? I was worried the volume adjustment would be so small between very loud and medium, if they are easier to drive than P1.

Oct 19, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #133 of 3,872
there's no volume control on pdv2 is control on ur mobile/pc togather with hptoy app
Yes, I meant at the software level as all the E1 stuff currently has no hardware volume controls though I've already dialed sensitivity in Audirvana + for E1DA, so it should not be an issue... (I use mode 4 for sensitive IEMs on E1DA which PDV2 does not have.)

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2019 at 7:32 AM Post #134 of 3,872
My Shuoer Tapes just arrived, but my balance cable is still on it's way.
Gonna check them out after today's cinema.

Edit: I am back home and had my first listening, after i put on Comply T-500 Tips and another Cable.
The Details are impressive, but somehow they lack serious Bass compared to my ZS10 Pros or ZSX.
Let's listen some more and see if those gonna be my daily drivers.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #135 of 3,872
My Shuoer Tapes just arrived, but my balance cable is still on it's way.
Gonna check them out after today's cinema.

Edit: I am back home and had my first listening, after i put on Comply T-500 Tips and another Cable.
The Details are impressive, but somehow they lack serious Bass compared to my ZS10 Pros or ZSX.
Let's listen some more and see if those gonna be my daily drivers.

Is the bass that bad? If so it might be a deal breaker for me... I'm sitting on the fence with this pair. Given the details I'm intrigued but the lack of bass is going to be problematic, like how I feel about the Tin P1. I own several full sized headphones that have really deep and detailed bass line (th900, lcd-3, Modhouse Argons) and if I run into a bass lite pair of headphones, it's usually a no go. I have a KZ Zsx as my first pair of chifi iem and though its bass is rly nice, the details seem to be lost on some sweeping edm tracks. The Tape seems to solve the detail part but hearing about the lack of bass makes me go ;(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back