Shuoer impressions thread
Oct 5, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #62 of 3,872
@Hawaiibadboy Have you tried the BQEYZ Spring1 ? That would be a good triple comparison with the Shuoer and P1. I just got it the other day (Spring 1) and have already had a few amazing late night listening sessions with it. Would like to know what you thought of it in comparison to this one (more than the P1 because, just by description, not enough bass for me).
My spring 1 was supposed to be here Friday but must have gotten held up in customs. I should get it Monday or Tuesday, and then my tape should come the week after that. Really looking forward to both of those sets. The spring 1 really seems like a sleeper candidate that might be an incredible value. The tape is the same, but there seem to be a lot of people interested in the tape compared to the spring 1.

Oct 5, 2019 at 9:11 PM Post #63 of 3,872
My spring 1 was supposed to be here Friday but must have gotten held up in customs. I should get it Monday or Tuesday, and then my tape should come the week after that. Really looking forward to both of those sets. The spring 1 really seems like a sleeper candidate that might be an incredible value. The tape is the same, but there seem to be a lot of people interested in the tape compared to the spring 1.

Try my simple mod in bqeyz thread for spring 1 and compare with shuoer tape later. Im looking forward for the comparison buddy.
Though maybe spring 1 is safer on high mids, especially in higher volume. Maybe youre 1 of the first users that will have both.

Oct 5, 2019 at 9:15 PM Post #64 of 3,872
@Hawaiibadboy Have you tried the BQEYZ Spring1 ? That would be a good triple comparison with the Shuoer and P1. I just got it the other day (Spring 1) and have already had a few amazing late night listening sessions with it. Would like to know what you thought of it in comparison to this one (more than the P1 because, just by description, not enough bass for me).

Have not tried that set but it has been mentioned several times....so I am sure it is coming :)

Oct 5, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #65 of 3,872
Have not tried that set but it has been mentioned several times....so I am sure it is coming :)

I really would like to hear your impressions about Spring 1, bass can be bloated with normal placement of eartips, but after a simple mod by push eartips until past the nozzle neck they sounds awesome, similar tuning with BL-03 with safe 3khz, with a lot more details that put BL-03, ZSX, V90 like a child compared to smooth mature but detailed sounds from them. Really looking forward your impressions about this, head to head with Shuoer tape if possible.

Oct 5, 2019 at 10:55 PM Post #66 of 3,872
I really would like to hear your impressions about Spring 1, bass can be bloated with normal placement of eartips, but after a simple mod by push eartips until past the nozzle neck they sounds awesome, similar tuning with BL-03 with safe 3khz, with a lot more details that put BL-03, ZSX, V90 like a child compared to smooth mature but detailed sounds from them. Really looking forward your impressions about this, head to head with Shuoer tape if possible.

If you have foam tips, you can cut away the excess foam and leave what is on the nozzle.

Oct 5, 2019 at 11:51 PM Post #67 of 3,872
If you have foam tips, you can cut away the excess foam and leave what is on the nozzle.

DId that too and give tutorial on BQEYZ thread. Cheers!

Oct 6, 2019 at 12:18 AM Post #68 of 3,872
DId that too and give tutorial on BQEYZ thread. Cheers!
It'll be interesting for me to see, because I'm sort of a tip agnostic of sorts. If I get a good seal and it's a tip of reasonable quality, I really don't hear much difference in any of my listening. And my preferred tips are KZ starlines which are tips that absolutely would exhibit that problem, so we'll see, I guess.

Oct 7, 2019 at 4:41 AM Post #70 of 3,872
Never subbed faster after seeing those measurements. Mids look even so I'm not too worried about shouty vocals, though the lower treble does look a bit dipped. Since it starts descending before 4k, traditional sibilance should be relatively well-avoided but the sound will still be very revealing. Looking forward to impressions on comfort and coherency as well.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2019 at 4:55 AM Post #71 of 3,872
Just as a bit of a rant, I believe iems that boost up to 2k then dip are more shouty than those that hit 3k. If the harman curve isn't followed in that respect then some vocalizations can get harsh, same with snares.

Oct 7, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #72 of 3,872
Just as a bit of a rant, I believe iems that boost up to 2k then dip are more shouty than those that hit 3k. If the harman curve isn't followed in that respect then some vocalizations can get harsh, same with snares.

Yeah the science of treble is fascinating. Bass, bass to mid trans, few variations..... mids to early treble a few generally... treble overall is as varied as can be possible. Amazing what a dip here and a bump there can do up there

Attachments

• 180603-Overlaid Harman target-responses_0.png
    180603-Overlaid Harman target-responses_0.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 0
Oct 7, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #73 of 3,872
Are those screws on the back (red and black one) just for the looks?
i guess i am not he only one wondering, but i wondt try to unscrew them when i get it :wink:

Oct 7, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #74 of 3,872
I think the red and black screws are there to mimic a tape cassette, hence the name Shuoer Tape

Users who are viewing this thread

Back