Shuoer impressions thread
Oct 4, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #47 of 3,872
Great impressions @Hawaiibadboy !
I also ordered it yesterday after the first from 4beers.. well didnt take long to convince myself and Amazon Germany had it.. so no risk.

will be interesting to enhance the sound with an EQ and how the trebles sound with my pure silver cable.
Look like a IEM with great potential for a really thrilling price!

Oct 4, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #48 of 3,872
I imagine I will get an answer today or tomorrow or they will ask. It is not a sound like the Sonion or any other driver of recent memory

Only 5 left on Amazon (easy return policy)

https://www.amazon.com/Linsoul-Elec...ywords=Shuoer&qid=1570100453&s=gateway&sr=8-2

Will have a compare with P1 today i hope. Doing Halloween decorations....tis the season :wink:
:beyersmile::beyersmile:
Oooof. I'm sure that hurt you to post. That's as close to a straight up plug as we'll ever see from the bad guy ladies and gentlemen!

Do they have Halloween in Japan or are you just creeping out the locals?
It sounds huge and has good bass...odd combo. Yes. At higher volume that hill will offend but at regular (for me) it seems great.
I'm really liking the sound of this. Sounds like it's right up my alley.

I ordered it based on the idea of a 10mm DD combo, and the supposed FR graph shown on Ali. Turns out it's actually a deeper V than advertised based on your FR graph!

Oct 4, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #49 of 3,872

On the DX160 I lower the volume about 15 steps down from where I listen to the P1 so they are easier to drive. At lower volume these excel.

How do these respond to higher volumes ?

In other subforum threads it has been mentioned that some IEMs sound great at lower volume (my preference as well, I usually don't listen too loud)

and when the volume is turned up the coherence of mids, highs, etc. falls apart.

The Shouer stay consistent in that regard ?

Thanks for your reviews ! Loving them

edit:

It sounds huge and has good bass...odd combo. Yes. At higher volume that hill will offend but at regular (for me) it seems great.

okay, probably those peaks then

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #50 of 3,872
How do these respond to higher volumes ?

In other subforum threads it has been mentioned that some IEMs sound great at lower volume (my preference as well, I usually don't listen too loud)

and when the volume is turned up the coherence of mids, highs, etc. falls apart.

The Shouer stay consistent in that regard ?

Thanks for your reviews ! Loving them

edit:

okay, probably those peaks then
I listen at high to very high volume so I'm probably going to be test subject A for this theory.

Oct 4, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #51 of 3,872
Ordered a pair off the linsoul website, was told on their chat thingy that they have it in stock and will ship the next day. Today went and no tracking, guess I was duped into ordering lol Will wait it out I guess. Look forward to trying these. First Chi-Fi buy. Today I picked up my second - the Blon-3, which sound pretty good out the box.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2019 at 6:16 AM Post #52 of 3,872
Those of you who have it, how's the comfort on the Shuoer Tape?
From the photos, it looks like the parts that touch the ear are mostly smooth except around the back, which makes me wonder whether it's uncomfortable after a while.

Oct 5, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #55 of 3,872
What’s the difference?

I know it would be much higher voltage in the real thing, just didn’t know if these ones have a converter to get the V up or not.

Reminds me I have a Stax sr-003 but never got an energizer to use them with. :frowning2:

Oct 5, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #56 of 3,872
the real e stats are high voltage with usually larger drivers that are full range, electrets are low voltage not a permanent charge with smaller size used for treble most of the time, full range electret headphones exist but old models, the advantage of e stat is that it is full range, everything is fast and coherent, electret with dynamic driver in hybrid form will not be coherent because it will have phase issues, the treble is usually great on electrets though

Oct 5, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #57 of 3,872
Alot of iems have entered the space now using estat drivers and id does seem like there implementation is different than a typical electrostatic driver other wise they would all come with an energizer amp/dac like the shures.

Oct 5, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #58 of 3,872
@Hawaiibadboy Have you tried the BQEYZ Spring1 ? That would be a good triple comparison with the Shuoer and P1. I just got it the other day (Spring 1) and have already had a few amazing late night listening sessions with it. Would like to know what you thought of it in comparison to this one (more than the P1 because, just by description, not enough bass for me).

Oct 5, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #59 of 3,872
Alot of iems have entered the space now using estat drivers and id does seem like there implementation is different than a typical electrostatic driver other wise they would all come with an energizer amp/dac like the shures.
it is different, it is electret driver, that is the reason for the small transformer with the sonion drivers, it is a low voltage electret driver, the only electrostatic earphones are Shure ones for now

Oct 5, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #60 of 3,872
Doesn't the Jomo Audio Trinity use a electrostatic driver? I don't know if its full range but from what i've read id doesn't seem like a electret or piezoelectric driver either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back