Shuoer impressions thread
Oct 7, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #78 of 3,872
So you need a pencil as a tool :wink:... Well never had a cassette in mind.

Yep Hawaiibadboy is most often the first with new cool china gear! still thankfull for showing me the E1DA Dac.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #79 of 3,872
Man these things balanced on power dac must sound amazing

Oct 7, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #80 of 3,872
Man these things balanced on power dac must sound amazing

Well totally! the p1 with "true harman" preset turns form dr. Jeckyl to mr. Hyde.. amazing how you much you can enhance the sound and remove the weaknesses of a headphone.

Oct 10, 2019 at 5:51 AM Post #81 of 3,872
I just got my shuoer tape today and wow.. the clarity and bass on these are excellent!. but i only have the tin t3 and zs10pro to compare as of now.. and the tape is a significant upgrade on those two :)

Oct 10, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #82 of 3,872
I just got my shuoer tape today and wow.. the clarity and bass on these are excellent!. but i only have the tin t3 and zs10pro to compare as of now.. and the tape is a significant upgrade on those two :)

Great to hear that. Ordered mine last Thursday but nothing here yet. Should have chosen the express option.

Oct 10, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #83 of 3,872
Great to hear that. Ordered mine last Thursday but nothing here yet. Should have chosen the express option.
Yeah I thought about paying an extra $28 for DHL shipping but then decided against it since I can get 1-2 new chifi pairs just for that shipping cost.

Based on past experience with this seller and Ali, I'm hoping early next week... I'm listening to the Bqeyz Spring 1 right now, and I've discovered it must be listened to at high volume, so I don't think they're going to end up being very comparable to each other as I first thought.

Oct 10, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #84 of 3,872
Anyone tried these balanced yet?

Oct 11, 2019 at 12:10 AM Post #85 of 3,872
My tapes should be arriving tomorrow and I can't wait to try them. I'm currently using my p1 but it's kinda annoying that on my DAP I have to max the volume and put on high gain for decent volume. The fact that the tapes with consume less power is more than enough reason for me try them

Oct 12, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #86 of 3,872
Just got the tape and so far I much prefer it to the P1, clarity is similar but to me the tapes sound cleaner than the P1's with all my music so far.

They definitely sound more open than the p1 plus the subbass is more pronounced.

The P1 was good too but something about it didn't vibe with with me, plus I buy iems for portability and would rather avoid needing a full sized headphone amp when I have speakers for that kind of listening.

Would have been nice if I could a/b directly but my P1 has already been returned.

Audio is subjective to the individuals taste but based off my initial impressions these are more along the lines of what I was looking for when I initially ordered the p1. Very Noyce.

Forgot to add- The fit is no contest, miles better than the P1 for me.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #87 of 3,872
These Tape don't have big nozzles like P1 do they ?
How about tonality...cold/neutral/natural/warm ?

First stop tonality, 2nd stop comfort 3rd stop musicality/technicalities....without 1 and 2 right for my preference, I can't keep gear..

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2019 at 10:23 PM Post #88 of 3,872
Just got the tape and so far I much prefer it to the P1, clarity is similar but to me the tapes sound cleaner than the P1's with all my music so far.

They definitely sound more open than the p1 plus the subbass is more pronounced.

The P1 was good too but something about it didn't vibe with with me, plus I buy iems for portability and would rather avoid needing a full sized headphone amp when I have speakers for that kind of listening.

Would have been nice if I could a/b directly but my P1 has already been returned.

Audio is subjective to the individuals taste but based off my initial impressions these are more along the lines of what I was looking for when I initially ordered the p1. Very Noyce.

Forgot to add- The fit is no contest, miles better than the P1 for me.
Hey, can you clarify few things about tape?

1. How about speed?
2. Do they sound natural or analytical?
3. How is treble done on tape? Can it be harsh at loud volumes? I generally like the treble on planars, very smooth and not overwhelming.

TIA

Oct 13, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #89 of 3,872
To me they sound more analytical
And the treble on high volumes can be harsh imo

Oct 14, 2019 at 12:48 AM Post #90 of 3,872
seems like it would play well with fast technical tracks like progressive psytrance...im having a itch for a new in ear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back