Shozy Zero IEMs
Apr 28, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #466 of 1,545
rite some pc may sound horrible, indeed....

fancy tips there! i know zero info about driver size btw....! : p
look into alibaba similar looking iems and guess could work....

They are sold out on AliExpress for a long time now. I don't know where else to buy them?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Easy-Earphone-Accessories-5mm-Tingo-Earphone-Earbuds-Velet-Eartips-Flocking-Silicone-In-Ear-Earbuds-Warm-Earplugs/32547894199.html

I wish I could buy more.

Apr 28, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #467 of 1,545
I'm at about 40 burn in now, and I am very happy with these. The sound is very good for the price. I actually prefer using them with the alien as a source compared to the Paw Gold. I haven't tried them yet with the qp1r or zx2 yet.

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #468 of 1,545
I'm at about 40 burn in now, and I am very happy with these. The sound is very good for the price. I actually prefer using them with the alien as a source compared to the Paw Gold. I haven't tried them yet with the qp1r or zx2 yet.

Would you like to share why you prefer Alien over PAW Gold with Zero? o_O

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #469 of 1,545

Would you like to share why you prefer Alien over PAW Gold with Zero? o_O

In general, I prefer the Paw Gold over every other DAP I own. With the Zero, I feel like the neutrality of the Paw Gold holds back the Zero's sound in a way. The Alien Gold really just makes me appreciate the sound of the Zero's more. The pairing of the Zero and Paw is not bad at all, I just prefer the pairing with the Alien Gold. 

I listened to Tears of Heaven from Clapton's Unplugged album with both DAPs, and I felt like instruments were more defined with the Alien and Zero pairing. 

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #470 of 1,545
  In general, I prefer the Paw Gold over every other DAP I own. With the Zero, I feel like the neutrality of the Paw Gold holds back the Zero's sound in a way. The Alien Gold really just makes me appreciate the sound of the Zero's more. The pairing of the Zero and Paw is not bad at all, I just prefer the pairing with the Alien Gold. 

I listened to Tears of Heaven from Clapton's Unplugged album with both DAPs, and I felt like instruments were more defined with the Alien and Zero pairing. 

Synergy, its a real thing. 
wink.gif

Apr 28, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #472 of 1,545
Burn in.. It's a real thing too:grin:
It is definitely apparent with these.

I burn these in and revisit them each day. The very crisp sound I first heard has made way for a more relaxed and warm sound. I'm probably 50 hours in and they sound much different than when I first heard them. To be honest they sound very good still, but I wish they retained the clarity and airy sound signature they had at first listen. The treble now seems a bit more distant.

Still good, but in a different way.

Apr 28, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #474 of 1,545
Is anyone noticing a very noticeable increase in mid bass the longer they play?

Perhaps it is the wood vibrating again. Tips warm up to closer to body temp and soften allowing more of the effect. I use the CLR tips cause they are quite a firm tip and I hear the unwanted vibrations go right away over some softer tips and they stay firmer even after using them for a good stretch so I don't hear that the longer they play.

I like my Zero with stiff tips and an average seal. An average seal to not have that much bass slant/thickness as they possibly can have and I heard the stiffest tips clean up the bass/midbass right out of the envelope:)

Apr 28, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #476 of 1,545
Hisound, do you mean the longer they play as in a wearing session or total hours of run-in? The diaphragms can certainly loosen up and travel more and move more air and since the Zero is pretty much sealed up there woulds be more bass to them. I'm sure quite a few of us have heard that happen once or twice. Mine as pretty much the same as they were. Again I'm not trying for the best seal since firmer tips will give driver flex with the Zero so maybe I'm just not sealing in every bit of low end possible.

Apr 28, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #477 of 1,545
sidenote:
Just like recording/mixing practices and techs are altered along time, to me it is the tuning standard that matters.
Or else we should all be buying a flat iem and a flat dap adjusted to the average listening curve,
or an iem with dsp on your phone adjusted to match the curve :D

Nothing wrong with that idea, it's what I've been doing to all my headphones, tuning standard or no tuning standard :tongue_smile: . Well not an average listening curve per se, MY listening curve :p

Anyone want to try my aftermarket tuneup for the Zero on foobar2000? :popcorn:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qeoia2vu5vcr1xt/foobar2000-Shozy%20Zero.zip?dl=0

Just unzip the package, run the portable foobar (it won't install any stuff or replace any existing foobar installations), drag in your music and listen. :popcorn:

(maybe not a big tuneup since the Zero sound damn good to start with)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 28, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #478 of 1,545
How do Zeroes go against Flare R2Pro? I have searched the thread, no luck. It's true that they cost more than 10X over, but I'm just curious how well they fare against the tiny titanium Flares.

Apr 28, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #479 of 1,545
How do Zeroes go against Flare R2Pro? I have searched the thread, no luck. It's true that they cost more than 10X over, but I'm just curious how well they fare against the tiny titanium Flares.

I don't have the pros, but I have the Flare R2A and I prefer the zero. The R2A are harder to drive, and I feel like the zero produces a much clearer sound. I'm also not a huge fan of foam tips and you pretty much have to use them with the Flare.

Apr 28, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #480 of 1,545
I hate foam tips, too. Got my Pros fitted with acrylic custom tips that work a treat for sound and fit. What are you driving yours with? I have absolutely no problems driving my Pros with wither DP-X1 and the Mojo. Phones, currently using Nexus 6P, are not ideal for anything other than podcasts (low volume, lack of detail and so on).

Are you saying that Zeros are clearer than Flares? In what way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back