Shozy Form 1.4
Feb 24, 2020 at 2:24 AM Post #76 of 103
My Full Review + Measurements: https://www.antdroid.net/2020/02/shozy-form-14-review.html

Summary:

A few months ago, I reviewed the Shozy Form 1.1 to some mostly favorable results. At $59 to $79, I found the dual-driver hybrid to have pretty solid resolution and fast, fun impactful bass for it’s asking price. My biggest gripe with it was that I had to use EQ to drop the treble response down to make it not so fatiguing and harsh, as I found listening to it was a challenge to it’s peaky upper-end.

The $199 Shozy Form 1.4 is the latest release to this series, and was sent to me by Linsoul for a review. I’ve had it for a little over a month now and have found it to be a nice update to the original 1.1. The 1.4 is also a hybrid featuring the same beryllium dynamic driver, but adds 3 additional balanced armature (BA) drivers to give it a total of 4 BAs within the same sized housing.

I think the tuning of the Form 1.4 is an improvement over the Form 1.1 It fixes the issues I had with treble gain, and strained, and sibilant sound, however I am not totally sure the small fix, which can be patched with EQ, is worth a 2.5X price gap. Yes, there’s more drivers now, but I don’t know if they do enough for me to really hear a marked improvement. That said, I rather grab the Form 1.4 over the Form 1.1 any day, however I also didn’t pay for these review units. The choice is going to be up to the user here.

Feb 24, 2020 at 2:36 AM Post #77 of 103
My Full Review + Measurements: https://www.antdroid.net/2020/02/shozy-form-14-review.html

Summary:

A few months ago, I reviewed the Shozy Form 1.1 to some mostly favorable results. At $59 to $79, I found the dual-driver hybrid to have pretty solid resolution and fast, fun impactful bass for it’s asking price. My biggest gripe with it was that I had to use EQ to drop the treble response down to make it not so fatiguing and harsh, as I found listening to it was a challenge to it’s peaky upper-end.

The $199 Shozy Form 1.4 is the latest release to this series, and was sent to me by Linsoul for a review. I’ve had it for a little over a month now and have found it to be a nice update to the original 1.1. The 1.4 is also a hybrid featuring the same beryllium dynamic driver, but adds 3 additional balanced armature (BA) drivers to give it a total of 4 BAs within the same sized housing.

I think the tuning of the Form 1.4 is an improvement over the Form 1.1 It fixes the issues I had with treble gain, and strained, and sibilant sound, however I am not totally sure the small fix, which can be patched with EQ, is worth a 2.5X price gap. Yes, there’s more drivers now, but I don’t know if they do enough for me to really hear a marked improvement. That said, I rather grab the Form 1.4 over the Form 1.1 any day, however I also didn’t pay for these review units. The choice is going to be up to the user here.
Keep up the good work. and most important, your honesty. Thanks.

Feb 24, 2020 at 2:55 AM Post #79 of 103

Summary:

shozy 1.4's graph reminds me Campfire Andromeda, did they sound similar?

I think USD199 is a tough sell, but It would be a decent option for someone who likes warm U-shaped sounding iem if it is priced under USD150, I get my set for HKD999(~USD128), I am satisfied for its sound and its beautiful wood faceplate for what I pay.

Feb 24, 2020 at 3:19 AM Post #80 of 103
shozy 1.4's graph reminds me Campfire Andromeda, did they sound similar?

I think USD199 is a tough sell, but It would be a decent option for someone who likes warm U-shaped sounding iem if it is priced under USD150, I get my set for HKD999(~USD128), I am satisfied for its sound and its beautiful wood faceplate for what I pay.

The Andromeda sounds different depending on the source you're using, and it can be night and day differences. I also don't find any of the various sources and output impedances paired with the Andromeda to sound like the Shozy. The Andro has much bigger soundstage, more treble energy, and improved resolution. I am not a big fan of the Andromeda, but it's still a nice IEM, especially at the prices they are going for on the used market nowadays.

Mar 1, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #81 of 103
That's an interesting graph indeed because I actually referenced the DK-3001 Pro while I was writing my review. They sound nothing alike: not even close in tonality or technical performance.

So i've been using these IEM's constantly since I got them... andd oh how the sound signature has changed.
Primarily the bass.
Now I don't really know whether it's my ears adjusting to the signature or what. But before I was definately bothered by the level of base in a few albums I listened to. It felt like it was a little too boomy, with slow decay and now it feels much faster and ultimately they feel a little brighter now.
I'm interested to know, did you burn in these IEM's before recording its frequency responce? Also in general, do you ever find a difference in frequency responce after burn in?

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2020 at 8:41 PM Post #82 of 103
So i've been using these IEM's constantly since I got them... andd oh how the sound signature has changed.
Primarily the bass.
Now I don't really know whether it's my ears adjusting to the signature or what. But before I was definately bothered by the level of base in a few albums I listened to. It felt like it was a little too boomy, with slow decay and now it feels much faster and utinmately they feel a little brighter now.
I'm interested to know, did you burn in these IEM's before recording its frequency responce? Also in general, do you ever find a difference in frequency responce after burn in?
Yes, they were measured before and after. No.

Mar 14, 2020 at 6:02 PM Post #88 of 103
As I have owned a number of Shozy devices, I ordered the 1.4 as soon as it became availabe. I am very pleased with both the fit as well as the SQ. A very realistic presentation IMO.

Mar 15, 2020 at 12:18 AM Post #89 of 103
Anyone who upgraded to the 1.4 and no longer wants their 1.1 pm me. I already own a pair but my SO likes them and would love to pick up a set again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back