Show us your vintage headphones!
Jan 24, 2012 at 6:42 AM Post #286 of 3,147

Quote:
they do? i wonder why no one told me this before and i been asking around everywhere....not that i need to look for pads since mine are still in great condition since i wipe them down every night before i hang them up. just inc case tho if i do need to find spare pads.

Even if they do fit the Monitor 10, the pads still need to be glued ...

Jan 24, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #287 of 3,147
Here are my old school SHARP HP-300 phones at a whopping 8 ohm impedance!  These are built like a tank and sound half as good as my stock iPod earbuds, hahaha 
beyersmile.png

I am actually throwing these out, so if anyone in Melbourne, Australia wants them, let me know.

Cheers folks
zambz

Jun 9, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #293 of 3,147
I have been looking for a pair of headphones that have that exact same headband.

You said they are made in France - is there any other label on it other than Pival?? - i tried to look up Pival but have had no luck

Jul 26, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #295 of 3,147
Just got these beautiful cans today.

Audatron SH-608R.

These things have really nice, deep bass, I'm really surprised at the sound these things boast given their age and the fact that they're so ridiculously unknown. Might post a review later.

Pictures taken with my equally ancient Sony Mavica FD-83.

Aug 17, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #296 of 3,147
Come on, this thread is too amazing to die!

Aug 17, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #297 of 3,147
Very true. Uhh I'll contribute with my Koss Technician VFR:

I'll take a nicer picture eventually, but they're incredibly cool headphones. I just don't really know how they work; I can only make assumptions.

Aug 17, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #298 of 3,147
Woah, I've never seen that set. Looks awesome. 

Here's my other vintage can, a KOSS K/6x Plus:

Bright. Bass is there but lacks authority. Mids are good. Great detail retrieval. Really light, no clamping force at all, little isolation, and very easy to drive. 

The cable, however, is pure evil. It's 8 feet long and gets tangled on EVERYTHING, making portable use a hassle.

Aug 17, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #299 of 3,147
Going on with the Koss love, I actually have an SP3XC somewhere in my basement. I outta dig it up. The pads are totally dead though. And they smell weird. Truth be told, I can't even listened to them. I bought them (for a dollar!) because they came with a box in which I can plug headphones into my speaker taps.

Aug 17, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #300 of 3,147
I got a a pair of those when they came out--they were the first headphones I ever bought.  The sounded pretty good for 70's headphones and I got suckered in by the VFR control.  It really worked--to an extent at least.  They were painful to wear for extended periods, but they sure looked cool.  :)  The ability to modify the sound would be a nice feature on modern headphones.

Quote:
Very true. Uhh I'll contribute with my Koss Technician VFR:

I'll take a nicer picture eventually, but they're incredibly cool headphones. I just don't really know how they work; I can only make assumptions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back