Show us your vintage headphones!
Nov 29, 2011 at 2:09 AM Post #273 of 3,147
they sound horrible don't they,lol. those weren't exactly made to sound good. it was more of a ''show and tell'' type of headphone. i mean people use to go nuts at auctions just to get those(they still do! but hype of them died down a bit so, not as much.)

should try to grab a good condition Monitor 10's. not only they're built good,look good but sound amazing as well.

Nov 29, 2011 at 2:19 AM Post #274 of 3,147
the sound isnt on par with the look, sadly. but maybe later i can put on some grado drivers inside and definitely change the earpads, those might be responsible of the muffled sound, is like listening to a grado with a pillow in between the headphones and your ears.

I've read wonders abotu the Monitor 10, and the FR chart says it is very flat.

Nov 29, 2011 at 2:50 AM Post #275 of 3,147
they sound flat and perfect for monitoring purposes. i use as on the go headphone mostly with my ipod. works well off of it also. has really great clean sound. the clarity is amazing on them as well i though,but they were picky on seal.

for yours,you probably can clean it up a bit by removing the resistor in place. there is actually a resistor tied to the drivers. lot of people reported good results while others found no difference. you'll see when you take them apart.

Nov 29, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #277 of 3,147
Maybe you can try fitting some SR60 drivers in there   
wink_face.gif
 edit: Oophss! just read your next post. You already thought of it. Good.

Quote:
finally got my hands on some Pioneer SE L40, beautiful headphone. but dont ask me about the sound.

Jan 24, 2012 at 3:00 AM Post #285 of 3,147
The design of headphone styles are becoming more and more extravagant, unbalanced, not-function-oriented and overly plastical. This is the thread I have to go through once a few days to enjoy the classics of all the ear pieces created during the peak of human manufacturing. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back