Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Oct 31, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #15,571 of 41,120
i already saw these speakers somwhere.. dejavu

the hegel looks the part $$$$

i like cozy improvised practical space solutions too
beerchug.gif

Oct 31, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #15,572 of 41,120
looks like you have a very cool dad androb :)

Oct 31, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #15,574 of 41,120
Probably wouldnt be this interested in hifi without him :) Also got most of my music taste cause of him :D Probably would never given Pink Floyd a chance before for example :p

Oct 31, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #15,575 of 41,120
Cosy indeed :) Jealous! 
biggrin.gif

Oct 31, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #15,576 of 41,120

things added since my last pic...  the cover on the turntable, a project switch box to switch the Lyr from the computer to the TT without moving wires all the time, more records, more record storage, and dust lots of dust.  Still a work in progress.

Oct 31, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #15,579 of 41,120
Nice I like that you really want to test things for yourself
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanx.  Ya, I do.  I like this hobby as costs are generally much lower to get fantastic quality.  So, I try a lot of things out.  My problem is I never sell anything.  check out my sig; I still own everything there.

That looks like a cable-management nightmare, but you're definitely doing the hobby right. You've got headphones and source equipment with sound signatures all over the place.

Believe it of not, using that lamp snaking the cable thru where the lamphead is connected to the arm, it's really not that bad at all.  And you're very right about the greatly varying signatures.  

now you can start selling, and buying, and selling again, and buying again... again and again...
ph34r.gif

that's my problem.  I've got a bit of "hoarder" in me.  I only buy; never sell.

I like your style... It is always nice to be able to try different headphones and associated equipment to figure out what works best for you. It is the only real way to do it. 

thanx,  And the search goes on... :wink:  Mostly kidding.  I'm very happy.  But I'll tell you, there's probably 10 headphones from $200 to $1500 I have on my "I really want" list.  And it's likely I'll end-up getting 1/2 of them over the upcoming years.  

Oct 31, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #15,581 of 41,120

You definitely need a crossover and foam dampening in those Jmax's, night and day difference especially for the 165's I have. Good bookshelf's that rivals some of the $450-500 speakers I've heard. 

The foam damping I have but haven't installed yet, I've got to pull the whole thing apart because we're shifting states soon, so I'll get that done then.

The crossover... what needs changing on it? I haven't looked at it much yet, and it is only for very quiet listening at the moment, but that will change. 

Nov 1, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #15,584 of 41,120
Finally cleaned my desk, so I figured I might as well take some pictures:

Obligatory tube glow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back