Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Aug 15, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #14,707 of 41,062
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
How much do they go for?

If u want big and beautiful and with space for the most extreme watercooling (QUIETNESS extreme for being the source for ur audio rig!!)...get a matt black corsair obsidian d800 thats what i have...i think i have a pic on my profile of my case..check it out if ur interested :D

Aug 15, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #14,708 of 41,062
Quote:
If u want big and beautiful and with space for the most extreme watercooling (QUIETNESS extreme for being the source for ur audio rig!!)...get a matt black corsair obsidian d800 thats what i have...i think i have a pic on my profile of my case..check it out if ur interested
biggrin.gif

Hmm. Not interesting in getting a desktop set up yet. I've been thinking maybe next year, I'll build a desktop. For now, since I travel often, I have a laptop.

Aug 15, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #14,709 of 41,062
I use a desktop PC as the source for my audio rig. I have a self-contained water cooler for the CPU so it's inaudible while I'm listening to my music. The graphics card is noisy when in use but it's silent when idle. Case is a Thermaltake Level 10 GT.

Aug 15, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #14,711 of 41,062
this is my still in progress totally (everything is watercooled! incl the hdd's) watercooled humble Corsair 800D (it will have two separated loops, one is already finished as u can see on this pic) that will be used as ultimate silent source for my new amp/dac (when it arrives in december)..as u can see i also tried to make it clean looking..so almost all cables are hidden...hope to have it ready by then...but time is hard to find
frown.gif

Aug 15, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #14,712 of 41,062
Very nice job! Custom loops like that are a PITA so i feel your pain lol.
Quote:
this is my still in progress totally (everything is watercooled! incl the hdd's) watercooled humble Corsair 800D (it will have two separated loops, one is already finished as u can see on this pic) that will be used as ultimate silent source for my new amp/dac (when it arrives in december)..as u can see i also tried to make it clean looking..so almost all cables are hidden...hope to have it ready by then...but time is hard to find
frown.gif

Aug 15, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #14,713 of 41,062
Quote:
frown.gif

I chuckled a little bit when I saw you are water cooling your RAM. I can understand everything else, even the hard drives, but I used to run overclocked RAM (2133 MHz) without even passive heat spreaders and my RAM never got anywhere close to dangerous temps. Actually it never even got more than warm to the touch. Just seems like an unnecessary PITA and more opportunity for leakage. IMO

Quote:
Very nice job! Custom loops like that are a PITA so i feel your pain lol.

This is why I haven't ever considered a custom loop. The reduction in noise would be nice but it just seems like it's more trouble than it's worth. Way too much work to set up and maintain. Those self contained units are a breeze though; took me about 15 minutes to install. Only cools the CPU though.

Aug 15, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #14,714 of 41,062
Quote:

I chuckled a little bit when I saw you are water cooling your RAM. I can understand everything else, even the hard drives, but I used to run overclocked RAM (2133 MHz) without even passive heat spreaders and my RAM never got anywhere close to dangerous temps. Actually it never even got more than warm to the touch. Just seems like an unnecessary PITA and more opportunity for leakage. IMO

This is why I haven't ever considered a custom loop. The reduction in noise would be nice but it just seems like it's more trouble than it's worth. Way too much work to set up and maintain. Those self contained units are a breeze though; took me about 15 minutes to install. Only cools the CPU though.

i leaktested my first loop for 48 hours..and power it on every week for 24 hours (as its only going to be used as source for my new amp in december)...no leakage..i never ever had leakage to be honest and i have already built 3 watercooled systems until now....its just a matter of working secure and with dedication and use the right components/materials (using same metals in the loop) in the loop..and yes..that takes time.. and maintenance? as i built a completely new pc rig every 2 years i dont have maintenance..and the new owner just have to flush it and put new cooling fluid in it every 2 years...i have to say i dont use colors in my fluids..as i know how bad that is for ur cooling components! something i learned on the way in my 5 years of watercooling a pc...better is to use colorless fluild with UV active tubing with led/UV lighting for same effect.

...but its quiet!! my wife is a very happy woman as my pc rig is in a corner in the living room...and in the past my fans irritated everyone while watching tv..not anymore! and cooling the RAM is just because i could do it... to see how far i can push it technically ...

but i agree...a all in one solution is a good way to go if u want it simple and efficient...i understand they perform good also...

Aug 15, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #14,715 of 41,062
That cosmos case looks super cool.

Thanks! Appreciate your appreciation, built the PC myself (always do, for friends and family too, really enjoy building those things).
And, the best part: it's almost inaudible, really. I use air cooling but all my coolers are Noctuas (super-silent). The only noise you can actually hear is when gaming, then the CPU gets noisefull, specially the videocard (MSI GTX680 Power Edition), which is responsible for around 70% of the noise.

You can only hear my PC fan sound, when the system is not processing 3D, at extremely silent hours. Then you hear something close to an airconditioner on low.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back