Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Aug 12, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #14,672 of 41,163
Quote:
MX Blues ALL DAY.

Also, I don't even attach power or HDD LEDs anymore. Totally black, Lian Li case. No disc drive either. Screw that.

Yep i do that too lol, and i go out of my way to find quiet fans, and even apply dynamat inside the case...

Aug 12, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #14,675 of 41,163
Quote:
Yep i do that too lol, and i go out of my way to find quiet fans, and even apply dynamat inside the case...

I have weighted matting in my (black, featureless) case, but loud, high power fans to allow me to run SLi in such a cramped space, and because I can't sleep without the white noise of a computer anyways. I run MX Blues for the feel more than the sound, though I find the sound to be both satisfying, and a useful feedback beyond tactile for accuracy. Mostly though, I'm a lifelong diehard music gaming arcade nerd with a bunch of arcade-replica control decks for Bemani games, all of which are loaded with proper AC-spec 100g Omron microswitches, the real big kind. Buttons on anything that don't feel and sound like a proper microswitch just don't feel right to me. Stealthy-sleek is for looks, not sounds :wink:

Without loud fans, this thing would be an incendiary device - a mandatory tradeoff to fit all that roar in such a small box, good thing I love the sound. 

Eventually, this PC will be host to my (currently nonexistent) home listening station... which will probably just be a second Valhalla, a second Uberfrost and a T1 or something. I like my office setup so much I'll probably just clone it, and step up on the cans to the open-backed flagship. That, or the HD650, which I've wanted to own for a long while now.

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #14,676 of 41,163
Quote:
MX Blues ALL DAY.

Also, I don't even attach power or HDD LEDs anymore. Totally black, Lian Li case. No disc drive either. Screw that.

I installed one in my recent build for the sole purpose of ripping CDs

Aug 12, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #14,677 of 41,163
Quote:
MX Blues ALL DAY.

Kind of the same for me (Das with MX Blues).  I have my power and HDD lights plugged in, but they're so small and dim I hardly notice them.  My Lian-Li case is totally black otherwise and I put foam inside to make it quieter.

Aug 12, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #14,678 of 41,163
My MX Blues are pretty darn loud, hoping to switch to something with Browns soon

Aug 12, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #14,679 of 41,163
Aug 12, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #14,682 of 41,163
Quote:
My MX Blues are pretty darn loud, hoping to switch to something with Browns soon

Quote:
No. Everyone on the block has to know you're typing. It's important.

Puny MX blues step aside 
tongue_smile.gif

To keep things on topic, here's my temporary downsized station:

Aug 12, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #14,683 of 41,163
Quote:
They are indeed 771's. :)I also have am a huge fan of older mission speakers. I bought a pair of 761i's on closeout around the time they stopped selling Mission in the US. Had those forever and fell in love with mission speakers.Since then I am always looking for good deals on older mission speakers on Craigslist and eBay. Recently bought 4 Mission m70's and a m7ci center that I use for my home theater. No where as nice as the 771s but pretty decent for a cheap home theater setup.

You've got more Missions than I've ever had! I only have a pair of 771s in my bedroom at the moment because I've diversified my portfolio of speakers, but at one point I had a pair of 767s on the living room floor and some 770s at the office. Now I have some Klipsch Tangent 300s for the living room, and I no longer have an office.

It's too bad that Mission is no longer what they used to be.

Aug 12, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #14,685 of 41,163
khaine1711 said:
To keep things on topic, here's my temporary downsized station:

Beautiful, can you list the components?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back