Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Aug 2, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #14,416 of 41,101
Quote:
I would go with the J2..

SIT 1 monos
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 3, 2013 at 4:40 AM Post #14,419 of 41,101
The th-900 is already fairly open. I could be wrong but I think some people have already tried that. I know I read someone tried to make a d2k completely closed and that was a no go. If I remember correctly the person who made them completely open reported a big loss in bass. 

Not open enough. :p

If you can find out where they posted their impressions, that would be very interesting to read. I haven't yet seen anyone crazy enough to mod the TH-900, and I've been active on all the threads and an owner since a month or so after they released.

Aug 3, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #14,420 of 41,101
My setup as it is right now. Sorry it's a bit cluttered. I'm still waiting for the movers to get here with the rest of my furniture (they still have my desk 
frown.gif
).

Yes, it's on my dining room table.

Lyr w/ Amperex Orange Globes and Bifrost Uber

Audio Technica AT2020

HD800 and HE-500

My favorite listening rig

And my other favorite 
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 3, 2013 at 6:52 AM Post #14,421 of 41,101
My setup as it is right now. Sorry it's a bit cluttered. I'm still waiting for the movers to get here with the rest of my furniture (they still have my desk 
frown.gif

).

Audio Technica AT2020

HD800 and HE-500

And my other favorite 
tongue_smile.gif

Nice equipment.......you a DJ?

Where in Oregon are ya?

Aug 3, 2013 at 7:50 AM Post #14,423 of 41,101
Quote:
Nice equipment.......you a DJ?

Where in Oregon are ya?

I'm in Hillsboro. Just moved here a few weeks ago to start a new job. I'm not a DJ, the mic is just for occasionally making recordings while I'm playing my guitar.

Aug 3, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #14,426 of 41,101
I'm really just starting to grasp the basics about this device - there are so many possibilites it's hard to decide where to start. For the moment I'm happy that I can listen to my speakers without disturbing the neighbours. And I sure won't forget that moment when I first put my headphones on after the measurements/calibration!
And even with "stolen" PRIRs from other persons it's a joy to listen, especially when watching movies with surround sound at "live" levels. Anyway, there are countless opportunities to "upgrade" further (i.e. adding new speaker systems) I think this will keep me busy for a good while.

Aug 3, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #14,427 of 41,101
Phew. I've really waste- erm, I mean invested enough money into this hobby. For this year, anyway. My wallet has grown so thin and lightweight, I think it'll grow wings next...

What is that on the headband of your Denon?

Aug 3, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #14,430 of 41,101
frown.gif

).

Audio Technica AT2020

HD800 and HE-500

And my other favorite 
tongue_smile.gif
When did you pick up the HD 800? Impressions compared to HE 500? =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back