Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jul 17, 2013 at 6:40 AM Post #14,195 of 41,101
wow if grado sold a limited edition red ps1000 like that, i'd have no problem paying full price for it. 

Jul 17, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #14,197 of 41,101
They have a write up on it here:

http://jaben.net/forums/index.php?topic=15062.0

You can buy it here:

http://jaben.net/shopping2/Aluminium-Mod.html

They only seem to do that red...

Jul 17, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #14,198 of 41,101
Quote:
They have a write up on it here:

http://jaben.net/forums/index.php?topic=15062.0

You can buy it here:

http://jaben.net/shopping2/Aluminium-Mod.html

They only seem to do that red...

I would like to see metallic blue, maybe cobalt that would be really nice. 

Jul 17, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #14,199 of 41,101
Personally I would be happy to get a plain, chrome pair (I am still kicking myself for selling the chrome 325is I bought off Dubstep Girl all those years ago). Not sure why they insist on the red.

I have seen folks strip it off, If I recall correctly they used something odd like oven cleaner.

Jul 17, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #14,200 of 41,101
Quote:
I got that from someone else Head-fi.  I wish I could remember where so I could give credit where credit is due.  I hole-punched circles of blue electrical tape. Now they match the rest of my gear too!

That's brilliant.  I didn't even know they made colored electrical tape.  Blue would be perfect to use for me as my PC glows blue.  I could do this for the white LEDs on my case, too.  Hmmmm.

Quote:
Personally I would be happy to get a plain, chrome pair (I am still kicking myself for selling the chrome 325is I bought off Dubstep Girl all those years ago). Not sure why they insist on the red.

I have seen folks strip it off, If I recall correctly they used something odd like oven cleaner.

Maybe acetone?  Could be wrong, but it's what I use to get fingernail polish off of our tile floors at the store.

Jul 17, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #14,201 of 41,101
Quote:
Hi !

Here is my Head-Fi listening station (with my heavy modded SR125i Grado) :

CD player is home made : see here

Awesome setup! I really like this one. Congrats!
beerchug.gif

What's the Behringer thingy above the EQ?

Jul 17, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #14,202 of 41,101
Awesome setup! I really like this one. Congrats! :beerchug:
What's the Behringer thingy above the EQ?

It's a Behringer SRC2496. I use it as a digital source selector for the PC, CD player and sat receiver, and it's also an oversampler and jitter reducer : it converts all 44,1, 48 and 88,2 PCM sources from the CD (AES-EBU), sat (TOS-LINK) or from the PC(SPDIF) to AES-EBU 96 kHz, 24 bits. It's also a good DAC, and the symetrical outputs are connected to a JENSEN transformer to convert symetrical XLR to asymetrical RCA and then these outputs are connected to the input of the LITTLEDOT I+.
The Behringer DEQ2496 is used for a room equalisation in digital domain before the DAC (MUSILAND MD10) and the integrated amplifier (ATOLL IN80SE).

Gidu

Jul 17, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #14,203 of 41,101
Quote:
Hi !

Here is my Head-Fi listening station (with my heavy modded SR125i Grado) :

That's all !

Gidu

You should play 'Battle Stations' by Winger every time you show somebody this part of your rig.

Jul 17, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #14,204 of 41,101
Quote:
This is my new station setup after moving. Nothing too fancy and you can't see the HP4 amplifier.

I like the sound of the apogee and the motu uses the same AD/DA chips as some RME products. The Presonus does the job, does't seem to colour anything which makes me happy, the only down side is 20 Hz to 20kHz frequency range which i leaves me feeling i'm not hearing the full potential of the HD 650.

(Sorry about the picture quality, i only use an iPhone 4)

Maybe I don't know because I'm new, but why would 20hz-20khz not let your HD650's reach their full potential? As far as I know that is the human hearing range. 

Jul 17, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #14,205 of 41,101
Quote:
I really enjoy them, recently moved so the room they are in are untreated so i preferred them when they were in a treated room. Given the money i would get a set of Adam A7's and use the KRK's as secondary speakers but they are really detailed and the mixes done on them so far seem to translate well.

Musically they make everything sound good, professionally i think they accurately tell the truth. I really like the front facing bass ports too, rear facing in a small room to me just isn't a great idea.

Once they are back in a treated room, before getting the Adams i think my first priority is a sub-woofer.

Nice ogg,

I've had mine for a while and think they're great.  Lots of options now with powered speakers, but I'm happy with 'em.  Have the E-MU 0404 USB connected to them (balanced) and the WA2 (SE).

Good times!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back