Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Feb 28, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #11,566 of 41,262
Im thinking of using this as my headphone stand 
biggrin.gif

. What do you think?

I don't know. I think your headphone stand will be putting constant, subliminal pressure on you to move up to electro-stats.

Feb 28, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #11,569 of 41,262
I'm just wondering how do you guys plug in all your computers, amps, speakers, etc. Do you have enough wall sockets or do you use extensions?

I have quite a lot of electronics running through two extensions (5 socket extensions each) so you can imagine my worry regarding this. Good thing they have fuse protectors.

Feb 28, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #11,570 of 41,262
No extension cords for me. I just make sure whatever Power Conditioner I'm using has 10-12 receptacles. I make the decision to go Digital or Analog and unplug something if I must.

Feb 28, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #11,571 of 41,262
Quote:
I'm just wondering how do you guys plug in all your computers, amps, speakers, etc. Do you have enough wall sockets or do you use extensions?

I have quite a lot of electronics running through two extensions (5 socket extensions each) so you can imagine my worry regarding this. Good thing they have fuse protectors.

This is something I avoid speaking of and even posting a picture of. For me at least my desktop/laptop + all my audio gear if I plugged it into my powerboards all at once, I would be using 3 x 8 port powerboards (24 ports in total). Yes indeed a lot. 14 amplifiers (desktop and portables with dc adapters) and the rest is my desktop/laptop + few peripherals and a single halogen lamp and 2 spare ports just in case few friends come over and need to charge stuff up in my room. I charge my phones and portable mobile gear in my bedroom.

Feb 28, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #11,572 of 41,262
Quote:
As a current owner of a EF-5.

I would highly recommend the OP627 x 2 mod.

Makes it that much better. I just picked up the Lyr and I feel that both are good amps but the EF-5 just does some things better.

This is what I ordered 

http://tamaudio.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=39_46&product_id=80

any trick to switching it out?

Bryan

Feb 28, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #11,573 of 41,262
Quote:
This is what I ordered 

http://tamaudio.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=39_46&product_id=80

any trick to switching it out?

Bryan

That's what i currently have as well. Smart thinking....had you got the other one you wouldn't have been able to properly close the top glass part.

Putting that one in is very easy...the hard part is taking out the OP275 that's currently in yours right now. I wasn't able to take it out without destroying it. Just be very careful not to break the pins..if you have some small clippers i would recommend trying that first. 

Feb 28, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #11,574 of 41,262
Quote:
No extension cords for me. I just make sure whatever Power Conditioner I'm using has 10-12 receptacles. I make the decision to go Digital or Analog and unplug something if I must.

+1... Everything is conditioned and battery backed up.

Feb 28, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #11,575 of 41,262
Quote:
Chris_Himself, IIRC.

Is Chris the one who lives just blocks from Koss in Milwaukee? I remember talking about Koss HQ with somebody; I think it was him.

Feb 28, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #11,576 of 41,262
Feb 28, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #11,579 of 41,262
Quote:
Awesome setup, nmxdaven! What little statue is top of gear stack next to the Stax? Also, how's the EF-5? 

Thanks!

Its a little bear statue made out of Iron. Cant remember where it came from, but it keeps the gamma 2 from lifting up from all the heavy cords at the back.

I would describe the EF-5 as extremely competent, but not very noteworthy. It does a great job, but doesnt do it in any sort of special way. It will stay with me for a while, but it probly wont be a long term keeper.

Cory

Users who are viewing this thread

Back