Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Feb 15, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #11,297 of 41,301
Quote:
Quote:
I'm still trying to get acquainted with my new HD650's. Was hesitant to get 'em dolled-up. Maybe I should leave them sit out and become Toxic.

mmm... blank/black avatar, not a good sign. Toxic's great, but you got quite a wait..

My love for the 650's didn't really unfold until I tried them with a hybrid amp. They benefit from SS speed and tube soundstage. This affected them much more than any cable I tried.

Not 
blink.gif
a good sign? Waiting in the dark can be fantastique! Like, when I meditate for example...

Good to see his business increase. By the time I save up, he should be ready for me.

Feb 15, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #11,298 of 41,301
Quote:
Not 
blink.gif
a good sign? Waiting in the dark can be fantastique! Like, when I meditate for example...

Good to see his business increase. By the time I save up, he should be ready for me.

Haaa.. Thats ok then. Nice to see someone else who meditates round here :)  Empty your mind for half n hour then put your 650's back on. They'll sound effing marvelous!  

Yeah, Toxic is enjoying a well derserved flurrish of orders. He's the man.

Feb 15, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #11,299 of 41,301
Current setup. It´s a mess p.t. while assessing the permutations, including the "keepers" and "leavers". 

Feb 15, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #11,300 of 41,301
Quote:
Current setup. It´s a mess p.t. while assessing the permutations, including the "keepers" and "leavers". 

Looks like you have a Project Sunrise in there?? How do you like it?

Feb 15, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #11,301 of 41,301
Quote:
haha I was wondering where the tea fi was going to stop :) I too am a fan of good tea. The dragonwell from Jing is particularily nice!

And back on track with an action shot from work. Today is a good day with new gear at work :wink: 

Cheers, 

~M

There is a lego dude trapped in your desktop rig... =P

Feb 15, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #11,302 of 41,301
Quote:

Blo0dy hell. 
biggrin.gif

I'm guessing your gonna keep that litttle one on top for your hifimans, the Violectric will stay for your LCD's. Possibly the Burson for your Fostex.

The rest of the Schitt will have to go :D

I'll take the Nad off your hands.

Feb 15, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #11,303 of 41,301
@ devhen: It is indeed a PSii (using Siemens 1974tube). Input Caps are active (I know - they should have been bypassed, but I am a safety freak - like to have a buffer from DC spikes). The PSii must be one of the most understated amps ever. 

@ LugBug1: Your are 50% right. :) HiFiMAN HE-6 is the first item to be a "leaver" - after using 5 speaker amps and quite some headphone amps to make it shine. The HE-6 didn´t suit my taste. Tried it for 1 year+ but had to leave.

Feb 15, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #11,304 of 41,301
Quote:
@ devhen: It is indeed a PSii (using Siemens 1974tube). Input Caps are active (I know - they should have been bypassed, but I am a safety freak - like to have a buffer from DC spikes). The PSii must be one of the most understated amps ever. 

@ LugBug1: Your are 50% right. :) HiFiMAN HE-6 is the first item to be a "leaver" - after using 5 speaker amps and quite some headphone amps to make it shine. The HE-6 didn´t suit my taste. Tried it for 1 year+ but had to leave.

Is the Fostex new?

50% right..mmm.. Ok then, the Schitt will be going because I know you've had that a while, and we all know newer stuff is better right? Violectric staying, Nad staying, Fostex staying. Burson going.

Feb 15, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #11,305 of 41,301
I get the impression that you think I buy & sell all the time. I actually not selling. Well; the HE-6 had to leave the house. 

The Fostex is 4 weeks "old". 

Feb 15, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #11,306 of 41,301
Quote:
I get the impression that you think I buy & sell all the time. I actually not selling. Well; the HE-6 had to leave the house. 

The Fostex is 4 weeks "old". 

Nooo not at all, thought you were aluding to a 'who staying, whos going' with your pic... nevermind :) 

Yeah can't see me ever getting the HE-6's. I like an easy life...

Feb 15, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #11,307 of 41,301
The HE-6 was a rough ride for over a year. Glad to have transformed them to cash. 

Feb 15, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #11,309 of 41,301
Quote:

There is a lego dude trapped in your desktop rig... =P

Most people get a kick out of it at the office :) non computer people are like "wait, howd he get in there!?" lol mouthbreathers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back