Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 8, 2013 at 3:12 AM Post #10,441 of 41,133
Quote:
I wonder if anyone has actually thought of balancing Beats by Dre headphones..

blink.gif

Jan 8, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #10,443 of 41,133
At one point I wanted to strip out the drivers from the Beats Studio and replace them with something better (possibly an ortho), then replace the noise cancelling circuit with a small amp. 

It's a backburner project that I might still do someday, though I'm just not willing to fork out the money for the shell. Even the fakes aren't so cheap anymore, and their build quality is atrocious (moreso). 

Jan 8, 2013 at 5:33 AM Post #10,444 of 41,133
Well after all the ridicule about my headphones being inadequate I sold the amp and dac.

After taking some suggestions on board I am now proud to present my LCD-2 + Nexus 4/ FiiO E05 stack.

It was a bit quiet at first so i bought new cables and now its all good! Thanks Head-Fi for your great advice!

I'll bet those fiio e05 will compensate your violetric.. Hahahahahaha

Dang!! I just spit my coffee off.. Wkwkwkwkwkwkwk

Jan 8, 2013 at 6:19 AM Post #10,445 of 41,133
Quote:
Well after all the ridicule about my headphones being inadequate I sold the amp and dac.

After taking some suggestions on board I am now proud to present my LCD-2 + Nexus 4/ FiiO E05 stack.

It was a bit quiet at first so i bought new cables and now its all good! Thanks Head-Fi for your great advice!

Much better priorities!

Jan 8, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #10,446 of 41,133
We need a 'ridiculous head-fi setup' thread!

Jan 8, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #10,448 of 41,133
Could be a ridiculous cable, could be a ridiculous price tag, or an overkill etc. Something to laugh at

Jan 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #10,451 of 41,133
Quote:
We need a 'ridiculous head-fi setup' thread!

How about using a car inverter to power an amplifier to run an HE-6?

Jan 8, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #10,452 of 41,133
I believe the HE-6 can only be run effectively from a portable fusion bottle.

Actually, I believe the below is a leaked photo from HiFiMan's new amp research department:

Jan 8, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #10,453 of 41,133
Quick window shot on a rainy day in Dallas.  Hard to arrange because my office has a bay window and no straight walls.  Nice because it looks out over the forest leading to Lake Grapevine - very relaxing.  The other listening station is in a window seat by the pool, with the amp sitting in the window on foot-thick walls (ICF house).  The WBQHS (whiz-bang quick headphone stand) is an embarrassment, but I have a nice slab of black walnut to make a new one someday.  Very pedestrian setup, but I enjoy it.  Nothing has ever been able to touch the Stax that I bought new a very, very long time ago when, for a brief moment, they were the best in the world.  The small box is unrelated - it is used for home automation programming.

Jan 8, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #10,454 of 41,133
Quote:
Quick window shot on a rainy day in Dallas.  Hard to arrange because my office has a bay window and no straight walls.  Nice because it looks out over the forest leading to Lake Grapevine - very relaxing.  The other listening station is in a window seat by the pool, with the amp sitting in the window on foot-thick walls (ICF house).  The WBQHS (whiz-bang quick headphone stand) is an embarrassment, but I have a nice slab of black walnut to make a new one someday.  Very pedestrian setup, but I enjoy it.  Nothing has ever been able to touch the Stax that I bought new a very, very long time ago when, for a brief moment, they were the best in the world.  The small box is unrelated - it is used for home automation programming.

I don't think anyone here's going to criticize you for spending your money on headphones instead of a nice stand 
L3000.gif

At least I certainly wouldn't; I wish I had some Stax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back