Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Dec 31, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #10,381 of 41,101
Quote:

What tubes? 6SN7 bottle shape variants?

Hi DefQon,

FYI, my TF 3 PRO uses USSR OTK 6H5C for power and Telefunten EF800 for signal (with Siemens EF80 as spares). The standard configurations for 3 PRO and higher versions are Chinese-made Nanjing 6H5C and Telefunten EF800. I am quite new to tube amps, having aquired the TF 3 PRO for just two days. But my adrenaline is surging as the listening experience is so unprecedent. IMO, Beyer T1 and HE500 are consummate with the TF 3 PRO.

Hi, Sprite40

Drooling over your gear! So classy in style!

Now I am looking for extra tubes to stock and roll for my TF 3 PRO. I find there are quite a lot of options for the 6H5C replacements (though some are unbearably pricey). Can anyone shed some light on replacements of the EF80? I find the options are quite limited.

Here I've just borrowed a few pictures of some hand-made bespoke amps for you to appreciate.

Finally, my glowing heater.

Dec 31, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #10,382 of 41,101
Just got this in today, Its like they were made for eachother. HE-500's dont get in till Wednesday so i havent been able to use it yet
angry_face.gif
. So i will have to update in a few days

Jan 1, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #10,383 of 41,101
What kind of speakers are those?
Quote:
Gosh, just drained my wallet again.
blink.gif
 After a recent purchase of a T1, I took another plunge and picked up a second-hand tube amp - Ting Feng 3PRO (literally means Hear the Wind in Chinese) which was in a very nice condition. TF is a DIY brand by a guy living and working near Guangzhou. The amp is highly regarded here in the headphone community in China but I think it's rarely known ouside the country. Tube fans here always compare it with those Chinese tube amps such as DarkVoice, La Figaro, and Little Dot whhich have already established their names overseas.

3 PRO is the top line of the brand at an online retail price of RMB4,980. It features 2xShu Guang 6H5C (mine are Russian equavelents), 2xTelefunken EF800 (the seller gave me two plus Siemens EF80), a 6.35 phone socket, a XLR socket (the amp is unbalanced), a pair of RCA inputs and a pair of RCA outputs. There is a higher bespoke 3PRO version which is modified to the customer's specifications at a cost of RMB2,000.

Soundwise, my initial impression is very positive. So many details, very dynamic but also smooth, no hush treble. People say it mates very well with T1. I feel HE500 has more chemistry with it. When adjusting the volume control to the very high, I can hear current noices. Otherwise it's quite dark. I tried it as the pre-amp on my speaker system. There is always audible background noices. But the sound is much fuller and richer in tones. One thing annoys me is the heat and power hunger of the beast. It also weigts like a tank.

Here are a few shots of my rig at its latest status.

Another angle

Jan 1, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #10,386 of 41,101
Really poor quality for the home system; one day I'll get it right
redface.gif

Jan 2, 2013 at 5:34 AM Post #10,388 of 41,101
I realy like the look of the D7000, very robust and clean design, I would certainly not call that poor quality
wink_face.gif

Thank you for the pictures Avi!

Jan 3, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #10,391 of 41,101
WA3+, iTouch gen4, Pure i20, HD558, and a groovy stand made from a odd modern picture frame:

Jan 3, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #10,392 of 41,101
Jan 3, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #10,395 of 41,101
Quote:
For some reason, image tool isn't working:

http://i.imgur.com/irDjw.jpg

That's a really cool picture to go to waste in a link:

It also just gave me an idea. I'm gonna get a Yuin at one point and hook it up to all my equipment, then pretend as if my equipment has transformed humble earbuds. It'd easily fool the public.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back