Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Dec 30, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #10,367 of 41,283
Quote:
how does the EF2A handles the Beyers?

In terms of power I wouldn't call it proper, but adequate. Driving 600Ω headphones is most certainly out of it's league. As far as sound is concerned, using just the headphone amplifier via analogue inputs, the sound is pleasantly smooth and neutral with a slight lush thanks to the Mullard tubes. It helps bring out the mids in the headphone a bit more. It's a decent upgrade to the headphone amplifier in the FiO E10, but aforementioned is not meant to power headphones with such a large impedance rating.
Quote:

If you'd only be using it through USB I'd take a serious look at the Modi as well, it's very close to the Bifrost's USB mode at less than 1/4 the price.

I have considered the new Modi, but I did want to try not using USB if I went with the Bifrost. Does the Bifrost sound different when not using it in USB mode?

destroysall.

Dec 30, 2012 at 2:58 AM Post #10,368 of 41,283
Quote:

Simple setup in desperate need of amplifier and source upgrade. Was looking at both the Schiit Bifrost and Valhalla, but not sure which to go with first.

I built this very same setup for my girlfriend except with the AD900 and FA011 instead of your Beyer DT990 :p

Dec 30, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #10,369 of 41,283
Great pictures hificrazy!

Very nice glow on these tubes

Dec 30, 2012 at 7:45 AM Post #10,370 of 41,283
[size=medium][size=medium]My current setup[/size][/size]
[size=medium] [/size]
[size=medium][size=medium]I really like the very neutral and detailed LCD-2 and[/size][/size][size=medium][size=medium] I have a Poetic Series[/size][/size][size=medium][size=medium]cable on the way[/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=medium]from Plus sound audio[/size][/size][size=medium][size=medium] I hope it will improve the sound.[/size][/size]
[size=medium] [/size]
[size=medium][size=medium]My favorite tubes are the 6DR7’s “Pinnacle” and 6EM7’s in combination[/size][/size][size=medium][size=medium] with the[/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=medium]NOS RCA 5R4GY JAN 1940's and the Sophia Princess rectifier tube’s, [/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=medium]the Philips 5R4GYS made in Holland I think is a good and cheap allround rectifier tube.[/size][/size]
[size=medium] [/size]
[size=medium][size=medium]The headphone stand is a combination of the IKEA stand and a cutting board.[/size][/size]
[size=medium] [/size]
[size=medium][size=medium]The Burson Audio DA160 DAC made the LCD’s even more detailed,[/size][/size][size=medium][size=medium] and in combination[/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=medium]with a good set of shielded power cables[/size][/size][size=medium][size=medium] I somehow got rid of the noise I had[/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=medium]from the power line and pc.[/size][/size]
[size=medium] [/size]
[size=medium][size=medium]Overall I think this is a good combo.[/size][/size]
[size=medium] [/size]
[size=medium][size=medium]List of my gear:[/size][/size]
[size=medium] [/size]
[size=medium][size=medium]Woo Audio WA6-SE[/size][/size]
Burson Audio DA160 DAC
[size=medium][size=medium][size=medium][size=medium]Musical Fidelity V-CAN II[/size][/size][/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=medium]Musical Fidelity V-DAC II[/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=medium]Pioneer PD-S707 CDP[/size][/size]
[size=medium] [/size]
[size=medium][size=medium]Audeze LCD-2 Rev2[/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=medium]Beyerdynamic T90 [/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=medium]Sennheizer HD 598[/size][/size][size=medium] [/size]
[size=medium][size=medium][/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=medium]Homemade Headphone stand [/size][/size]
[size=medium]The RCA JAN 1940's tube is a beautiful [size=11pt]rectifier tube[/size][/size]
with the smooth black plates
[size=medium][/size]
[size=medium][/size]
[size=medium][/size]
[size=medium][/size]

Dec 30, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #10,371 of 41,283
Quote:
I have considered the new Modi, but I did want to try not using USB if I went with the Bifrost. Does the Bifrost sound different when not using it in USB mode?

It's been reported to sound a little different by some people (I haven't done enough of a comparison to have an opinion). Of course, if you have non-USB sources then the Bifrost is obviously more useful than the Modi.

Dec 30, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #10,372 of 41,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprite40 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

[size=medium][size=medium]Homemade Headphone stand [/size][/size]

Is the base plate ikea hacked too, or did you make that yourself?

Dec 30, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #10,373 of 41,283

No it is not IKEA hacked, i got it on sale in a local store, but here is the link to the brand online store, this is a Danish product
wink_face.gif

http://www.ferm-living.com/cutting-board-1/

Dec 30, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #10,375 of 41,283
Quote:

iTouch 4, BDP-S570
Pure i20, VR-507, WA3 on the way
smily_headphones1.gif

HD-558, Mission 700
The Daft Punk Remix of 'Life is Sweet' rocks.

Been loving the abundance of Mission rigs of late!

Dec 30, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #10,377 of 41,283
Quote:

ikr, up front not so much, but at this angle, i first thought it was a  WA2 or something

At a quick angle look it does look like a WA2.  hificrazy are those 6H13C power tubes?  Nice rig.

You have nice gear like that, you have to fill in your profile so we know what it is....
beerchug.gif

Dec 30, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #10,379 of 41,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprite40 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No it is not IKEA hacked, i got it on sale in a local store, but here is the link to the brand online store, this is a Danish product
wink_face.gif

http://www.ferm-living.com/cutting-board-1/

Thought it looked like a cutting board or a back plate for a hunting trophy :p Looks really nice with the metal. And I can understand the differentiation from the swedes :D I'm Finnish.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back