Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Dec 28, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #10,338 of 41,452
Quote:

So jealous of your VTF-2, wish I had a sub like that.

Keep your eyes open on Audiogon.  I got it for a steal! Super fast and Musical.

Dec 28, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #10,339 of 41,452
Dec 28, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #10,343 of 41,452
Dec 28, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #10,344 of 41,452
^ Those Omens are so perfect for my apartment in SF. They push sound without bothering the neighbors. And they look so so great as well.

Dec 28, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #10,345 of 41,452
Dec 29, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #10,347 of 41,452
I really like them. They're ~$100 bucks and have saved my equipment on 3 occasions. Sound differences aren't something I've listened for as I would even sacrifice some SQ for protection. I plan to upgrade to something nicer eventually though. 
Quote:
Can't people just snip those pictures out when quoting, some of us don't want the same pictures posted over and over again...

Anyway..

@MT: How are those Furman power conditioners doing for you? Any noticeable sound improvement? I've been wanting to get for ages as there is a lot of noise in my room where my audio racks are but the cheapest I've looked at has been the Thors and the Furman's come cheap too.

Also, screw you Clayton. That 600 is pretty much the dream. I guess I'll just have to settle for an LM 218 or 300XS. :D

Dec 29, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #10,350 of 41,452
Gosh, just drained my wallet again.
blink.gif
 After a recent purchase of a T1, I took another plunge and picked up a second-hand tube amp - Ting Feng 3PRO (literally means Hear the Wind in Chinese) which was in a very nice condition. TF is a DIY brand by a guy living and working near Guangzhou. The amp is highly regarded here in the headphone community in China but I think it's rarely known ouside the country. Tube fans here always compare it with those Chinese tube amps such as DarkVoice, La Figaro, and Little Dot whhich have already established their names overseas.

3 PRO is the top line of the brand at an online retail price of RMB4,980. It features 2xShu Guang 6H5C (mine are Russian equavelents), 2xTelefunken EF800 (the seller gave me two plus Siemens EF80), a 6.35 phone socket, a XLR socket (the amp is unbalanced), a pair of RCA inputs and a pair of RCA outputs. There is a higher bespoke 3PRO version which is modified to the customer's specifications at a cost of RMB2,000.

Soundwise, my initial impression is very positive. So many details, very dynamic but also smooth, no hush treble. People say it mates very well with T1. I feel HE500 has more chemistry with it. When adjusting the volume control to the very high, I can hear current noices. Otherwise it's quite dark. I tried it as the pre-amp on my speaker system. There is always audible background noices. But the sound is much fuller and richer in tones. One thing annoys me is the heat and power hunger of the beast. It also weigts like a tank.

Here are a few shots of my rig at its latest status.

with the T1

With the Hifiman HE500

Another angle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back