Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Oct 9, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #8,987 of 41,103
Quote:

My rig has changed a bit since my last picture. I sold my V200 amp and awaiting the return of my Mjolnir and in between I picked up a HE-6

Though you haven't used the Mjolnir with both (I assume) yet, if you had to keep one...HD800's or HE-6?

Oct 9, 2012 at 3:50 AM Post #8,988 of 41,103
Quote:

My rig has changed a bit since my last picture. I sold my V200 amp and awaiting the return of my Mjolnir and in between I picked up a HE-6

Nice. The HE6's always just look sooo slick

Oct 9, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #8,990 of 41,103
This is my head-fi station in its current state :)

Serious: PC => O2/ODAC => Denon AH-D7000
Casual: Xonar Essence ST => Fiio E9 (pre-amp) => Speakers (positioned behind and towards the left from the image below)

O2/ODAC has finally arrived!

I love this topic, many many great rigs!

Oct 9, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #8,991 of 41,103
Quote:

AKG, Beyer, and Beats (in the case of Fanny Wang), etc aren't as touchy as Apple apparently.

Well this is actually a bit beyond being touchy. It's the exact same design. If you covered the Superlux sign, I'd say someone modded their Beyers. 

Oct 9, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #8,995 of 41,103
Quote:
Though you haven't used the Mjolnir with both (I assume) yet, if you had to keep one...HD800's or HE-6?

The Mjolnir is coming back to me today but I'm not home to pick it up so probably later this week I will be able to try them.

Right now the HD800 is my favorite headphone and pretty much suits me perfectly. The HE-6 I haven't had much time yet since I'm using the D1 dac/amp until my Mjolnir returns but it will have to be realy good to surpass the HD800. When I have a fair comparison which will be with that amp then i will know but it will take something special to surpass the HD800.

Oct 9, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #8,996 of 41,103
Quote:
The Mjolnir is coming back to me today but I'm not home to pick it up so probably later this week I will be able to try them.

Right now the HD800 is my favorite headphone and pretty much suits me perfectly. The HE-6 I haven't had much time yet since I'm using the D1 dac/amp until my Mjolnir returns but it will have to be realy good to surpass the HD800. When I have a fair comparison which will be with that amp then i will know but it will take something special to surpass the HD800.

I think, in my experience, the only thing the HE-6 significantly passes the HD-800 in is bass.  The HD-800 sounds more open, has better separation, is more comfortable, and goes toe to toe in most other areas.  The only reason I use the HE-6 over the HD-800s is when I want more bass.  Bass aside, the HE-6s are a step above in most areas over the LCD-2.2s when amped properly, but I still prefer the LCD-2s because of the signature Audeze sound and oh, that sweet luscious bass.  I just can't go without it...  If bass was not something I was too concerned with, I'd go with the HD-800s and be done with it.  No second guesses or doubts about it.

Oct 9, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #8,997 of 41,103
Quote:

Sorry about those red dots in the image. My digital camera must be broken.

You captured blood from the spirit world 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 9, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #8,999 of 41,103
I really should get a decal like this for my MBP. The Joker one is the one I've had my eye on for awhile.

Quote:
My work setup in progress...

I don't know. I picked the HD800 over the LCD 2.2 even though I listen to a lot of Bass Heavy EDM. I felt the HD800's bass just has more texture than the LCD 2 or HE-6. There was something about it.

Quote:

I think, in my experience, the only thing the HE-6 significantly passes the HD-800 in is bass.  The HD-800 sounds more open, has better separation, is more comfortable, and goes toe to toe in most other areas.  The only reason I use the HE-6 over the HD-800s is when I want more bass.  Bass aside, the HE-6s are a step above in most areas over the LCD-2.2s when amped properly, but I still prefer the LCD-2s because of the signature Audeze sound and oh, that sweet luscious bass.  I just can't go without it...  If bass was not something I was too concerned with, I'd go with the HD-800s and be done with it.  No second guesses or doubts about it.

Oct 9, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #9,000 of 41,103
Quote:
Gentlemen, meet my mancave XD

Dost thou play Darksiders 2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back