Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Sep 25, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #8,597 of 41,293
Quote:
he started it .

Well at least post some pics of cool audio gear while you're crusading...throw us a bone. 

Sep 25, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #8,600 of 41,293
Quote:
Care to give some examples/models of current modern day PowerPC processors that would do so ?

As far as I know IBM still sells servers running modern day PowerPC processors for applications where pure processing power is more important than power consumption.

There are no longer any consumer grade computers running PowerPC.

Sep 25, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #8,601 of 41,293
Quote:

Well at least post some pics of cool audio gear while you're crusading...throw us a bone. 

006_dwr_main_01.jpg

apetite-for-shindo.jpg

I'm such a tease.
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 25, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #8,603 of 41,293
Quote:

Here's my current portable "rig". :wink:

Sep 25, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #8,604 of 41,293
While I'll admit my internet tone (pft) was sarcastic I would like to point out that I never said anything about Macs being better than PCs, or even just as good. So me 'starting it' is going a bit far. Not trying to point the finger right back at you, but you did just open up and insult people's personal taste. 

"computers that tend to gravitate towards the 'artsy' type (i.e. music nerds)"

This is completely true whether it's based on old pretenses or not. Just go take a look at an art school campus now-a-days.

Grandfather was a 25 year IBMer, as was my mother (another 25 years), and I do IT work for a living (fairly simple stuff but I could be doing more if I didn't hate the field). I'm not just a know-nothing sheep in the Apple cluster. I personally (YMMV as always) prefer OSX for basic, everyday stuff. I couldn't live without a PC of some sort in the house, and I don't. 

And I still stand by the iPad being the best remote you'll get. :D

Also, Jena Labs cables. Awwww yeah.

Sep 25, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #8,606 of 41,293
Sep 25, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #8,607 of 41,293
Quote:
While I'll admit my internet tone (pft) was sarcastic I would like to point out that I never said anything about Macs being better than PCs, or even just as good. So me 'starting it' is going a bit far. Not trying to point the finger right back at you, but you did just open up and insult people's personal taste. 

"computers that tend to gravitate towards the 'artsy' type (i.e. music nerds)"

This is completely true whether it's based on old pretenses or not. Just go take a look at an art school campus now-a-days.

Grandfather was a 25 year IBMer, as was my mother (another 25 years), and I do IT work for a living (fairly simple stuff but I could be doing more if I didn't hate the field). I'm not just a know-nothing sheep in the Apple cluster. I personally (YMMV as always) prefer OSX for basic, everyday stuff. I couldn't live without a PC of some sort in the house, and I don't. 

And I still stand by the iPad being the best remote you'll get. :D

Also, Jena Labs cables. Awwww yeah.

No self respecting creator of interesting imagery or sound will ever refer to themselves as an "artist." That word leaves a bad taste in my mouth. And if you want to find talent or good taste, stay far away from any "art school campus."

Sep 25, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #8,608 of 41,293
Quote:
No self respecting creator of interesting imagery or sound will ever refer to themselves as an "artist." That word leaves a bad taste in my mouth. And if you want to find talent or good taste, stay far away from any "art school campus."

There's no reason to be antagonistic.  

Sep 25, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #8,609 of 41,293
Quote:

Everything leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Pics or GTFO. ;P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back