Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Sep 8, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #8,266 of 41,463
Quote:

What kind of desk is that?

Thanks everyone!  It's an ironwood table, pretty much just a cross section slab of ironwood I had made into a desk.  The shape makes a pretty ideal laptop desk with the protruding arm rest/mouse area =)  It's heavy as hell but super sturdy and I left it pretty rustic looking with minimal finishing.  Here is another pic, a little clearer than the last.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t140/matrim604/IMG_1152.jpg

Sep 9, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #8,267 of 41,463
Where does one even get giant slabs of wood like that? I shudder to think how much that must have cost... 

Sep 9, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #8,268 of 41,463
Quote:
Where does one even get giant slabs of wood like that? I shudder to think how much that must have cost... 

How 'bout getting through the door? Around the corner down the hall?? And up the stairs???
blink.gif

Sep 9, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #8,271 of 41,463
Quote:
Quote:
How 'bout getting through the door? Around the corner down the hall?? And up the stairs???
blink.gif

Lol I actually hired professional movers to move it for me, and once they got it done they told me if I ever move, to call someone else.
smily_headphones1.gif

I knew there was more to this! 
dt880smile.png

Sep 9, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #8,273 of 41,463
Quote:

Thanks everyone!  It's an ironwood table, pretty much just a cross section slab of ironwood I had made into a desk.  The shape makes a pretty ideal laptop desk with the protruding arm rest/mouse area =)  It's heavy as hell but super sturdy and I left it pretty rustic looking with minimal finishing.  Here is another pic, a little clearer than the last.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t140/matrim604/IMG_1152.jpg

Beautiful table, me thinks a couple of woody headphones may look the part
wink_face.gif

Sep 9, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #8,274 of 41,463
Quote:
Lol I actually hired professional movers to move it for me, and once they got it done they told me if I ever move, to call someone else.
smily_headphones1.gif

Same here. My professional movers said to leave it where it is when I move 'cause no one will ever move it again. :)

Sep 9, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #8,275 of 41,463
Quote:
Hi all, been lurking around here a while but just joined up.  Here's my little desktop setup with a NuForce Icon HDP.  I also have a Fiio E09K setup beside my bed to use with my iPhone.

photocopy2.jpg

photocopy.jpg

*EDIT* Hmm, can't seem to get my images to work...

A fellow HDP owner and possessor of a quarter of a tree!  I hope for your sake you don't ever move from your current home.

Sep 9, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #8,276 of 41,463
Quote:
A fellow HDP owner and possessor of a quarter of a tree!  I hope for your sake you don't ever move from your current home.

I think the only way someone will beat this is with a literal cave for a mancave with a table hewn from the stone walls by his own bare hands.

Sep 9, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #8,280 of 41,463
Ok,this time it all went good: here we are!   Nothing fancy,but starting to enjoy headphone listening,looking to get better equipment in the future             So,as said: HP pc with iTunes (mp3 320kbps stuff) or Foobar2000 (for FLAC files) -> Creative SounBlaster X-Fi HD (USB) -> Sennheiser HD-25 or old pair of AKG K514   Also have a 64gb iPod Touch 4th gen for portable listenings,with  Shure SE215 (just bought them today,I'm burning-in them right now  )   And...looking to get a good open back headphone (maybe the Senn HD 598)     Sorry guys,bad pics here...

If you don't mind me asking, what midi controller is in the third picture?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back