Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jul 14, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #7,201 of 41,133
Quote:
I would say that is better than a good start! 
biggrin.gif
  Do you have a current favorite portable rig?

Something that can go into the pocket right? In that case it would probably be the iBasso DX100 with these little beauties 
wink_face.gif
 on a silver/gold hybrid cable

Count the BA drivers in here..........
ksc75smile.gif

Jul 14, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #7,203 of 41,133
Woooo!! My portable rig should be arriving shortly in the mail today! My portable system will consist of Leckerton Audio UHA-3 headphones amp/DAC, Modded Grado SR-80 cans, and WhipLash LOD connected to my 80gb iPod. I'm excited to hear how this setup sounds! I'll post some pics later. Geez, I'm on the road of no return...just got into HeadFi for the first time and I have two rigs already this month. The wife's gonna kill me :D

Jul 14, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #7,204 of 41,133
Something that can go into the pocket right? In that case it would probably be the iBasso DX100 with these little beauties :wink_face:  on a silver/gold hybrid cable

Count the BA drivers in here..........:ksc75smile:

Nice! How about yr favorite iPod combo? It may not be a pocket capable, but I am going for best sound quality.

Jul 14, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #7,205 of 41,133
In addition to the HD650,I have now a LCD2 Rev1.
Also running the Eastern Electric DAC with the tube in, as it gives a warm touch to the SS Phoenix amp.

Jul 14, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #7,206 of 41,133
I also run LCD-2's off this rig, but will soon be selling them in favor of the customs.

this is my end all rig.. i've tried everything else i could want to try, and this sounds the best to me.
most of the time i favor the customs (westone es-5's), and clip zip, and thats it.

Jul 14, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #7,207 of 41,133
Really like my setup as well. Definitely cost a lot of time and money but I can honestly say I'm finally pretty satisfied with my PC station! Heres pics!

Info on the PC: I7 990X EXtreme Edition
                       EVGA GTX 570 SLI
                       Asus Rampage III mobo
                       Swiftech liquid cooling loop
                       30 in HP ZR30w monitor

match made in heaven. Look closely enough at the D7000 cups and you can see me taking the pic lol

Love the small footprint, which is partly why I went for an all in one unit.

Jul 14, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #7,210 of 41,133
Quote:
I must know what those are !!

I had them made for me.....they are a pair of 20 BA drivers IEM, 10 BA per side- 2 bass, 2 lower-mids, 2 upper-mids, 2 highs and 2 super highs
ksc75smile.gif

I have had them for about six weeks, sound really good and I will be bringing them back to have them re-shelled in to customs.........

Jul 14, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #7,211 of 41,133
Quote:
Really like my setup as well. Definitely cost a lot of time and money but I can honestly say I'm finally pretty satisfied with my PC station! Heres pics!

Info on the PC: I7 990X EXtreme Edition
                       EVGA GTX 570 SLI
                       Asus Rampage III mobo
                       Swiftech liquid cooling loop
                       30 in HP ZR30w monitor

match made in heaven. Look closely enough at the D7000 cups and you can see me taking the pic lol

Love the small footprint, which is partly why I went for an all in one unit.

I thought the burson amp was way too much for either of those hp's??

Jul 15, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #7,214 of 41,133
Quote:
Here is my new setup. Love the way it sounds!

Are your D2Ks modded? If so, how do they compare to the LCD-2s?

Jul 15, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #7,215 of 41,133
Quote:
Are your D2Ks modded? If so, how do they compare to the LCD-2s?

D2k's are stock.  The D2k's have more bass response.  I listen to them about 80% of the time. I love them, but it is a real treat when I listen to the LCD-2's.  They are much more detailed through the mids and highs.

I pretty much use the D2k's for casual listening, Gaming, Hip-Hop and Electronic music and I use the LCD-2's for everything else.

I didn't want to mod the D2k's that's why I got the LCD-2's. Now I have the best of both worlds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back