Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
May 30, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #6,466 of 41,129
The HD600s are, IMO, the best price/performance headphone.

May 30, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #6,467 of 41,129
@ csteimnetz1

I had the hd600 and asgard at the same time and it was seriously special. Neutral enough but still fun and engaging, as i'm sure you have read elsewhere it is one of the better "synergy's". On the flip side to this hd600+asgard is amazing, the asgard didn't fare as well with my other headphones at the time especially the k601. IMO the asgard is definitely worth its price but it may not be exciting enough for some. if you plan on living with the hd600 for a while which I suggest because they are excellent, you would/should :wink: like the Asgard paired with them. 

My appologies for the long winded "sales-pitch". aaaand for not posting a picture! 

-M

May 30, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #6,468 of 41,129
This is the rig I use when I travel for business. (I am in the hotel as I type this listening to some good tunes..:)

Dunno why it is upside down. It's ok on my end....

anyway, MBPro 13, NuForce uDac2, Audioquest Cinnamon USB cable, Sennheiser HD650's and the Droid Razr for 4G hotspot. 

May 30, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #6,469 of 41,129
Quote:
@ csteimnetz1

I had the hd600 and asgard at the same time and it was seriously special. Neutral enough but still fun and engaging, as i'm sure you have read elsewhere it is one of the better "synergy's". On the flip side to this hd600+asgard is amazing, the asgard didn't fare as well with my other headphones at the time especially the k601. IMO the asgard is definitely worth its price but it may not be exciting enough for some. if you plan on living with the hd600 for a while which I suggest because they are excellent, you would/should :wink: like the Asgard paired with them. 

My appologies for the long winded "sales-pitch". aaaand for not posting a picture! 

-M

I have heard so many good things about the HD600 and Asgard combo and I am very close to pulling the trigger. Do you have any experience with the AKG Q701's and the Asgard because I plan on getting them next and I was wondering if they would work well (maybe not as well as the HD600's) with the Asgard. Thanks

May 31, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #6,470 of 41,129
Quote:
This is the rig I use when I travel for business. (I am in the hotel as I type this listening to some good tunes..:)

Dunno why it is upside down. It's ok on my end....

anyway, MBPro 13, NuForce uDac2, Audioquest Cinnamon USB cable, Sennheiser HD650's and the Droid Razr for 4G hotspot. 

Glad to see I'm not the only crazy one who uses a Mac computer with an Android phone and tablet. Although, I've been thinking about ditching my phone for an iPhone.

May 31, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #6,473 of 41,129

Not much. I do use an iPod Touch 4th-Gen and an iPad 2 for mobile/living room listening. Not pictured (on the floor under the desk) is my modest Sony STR-DE197 receiver for the Sony SS-D117 speaker pair.

The SRH840s are by far my most versatile/favorite pair. The HD598s really shine their best with acoustic and orchestral.

The stand is black steel pipe and fittings with an unstained (but oiled) oak base. I think I spent about $18 USD on supplies total for the stand.

May 31, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #6,474 of 41,129
Quote:
Glad to see I'm not the only crazy one who uses a Mac computer with an Android phone and tablet. Although, I've been thinking about ditching my phone for an iPhone.

I took the photo with my iPhone..
dt880smile.png

May 31, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #6,476 of 41,129
A wise statement to take with you johnman, "the grass may be greener on the other side, just make sure to take water with you!"  So many of us on head-fi, myself included, don't really know how good what were listening to, is. I wish I had my hd600 and asgard back on many occasions, but then think about where it led me and reminisce in the memory of good gear gone knowing that i'm happier today because of it :) Head-fi is awesome because life would be so boring without dreams! 

-M

May 31, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #6,477 of 41,129
Right now I have an iMac, MBP, and a Galaxy Note. While I love the screen size on the note, I miss my iPhone quite a bit. It was a smoother, better experience for me. I plan on getting an iPhone 5 (or whatever it'll be called once they get 4G) and probably not get another Android device. App selection is another major concern from switching for me. 

Quote:

May 31, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #6,478 of 41,129
Right now I have an iMac, MBP, and a Galaxy Note. While I love the screen size on the note, I miss my iPhone quite a bit. It was a smoother, better experience for me. I plan on getting an iPhone 5 (or whatever it'll be called once they get 4G) and probably not get another Android device. App selection is another major concern from switching for me. 

I never owned an iPhone, but I do quite love my Galaxy Note. I mainly use it for reading manga, web browsing and listening to music. I almost never use it for playing games or anything like that.
The support for 64GB microSD cards is a big plus as well, as I now have plenty storage on this device. Additionally you can quickly switch batteries on the go, and I always bring two extra batteries with me in my wallet. Never ran out of battery. Ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back