Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Apr 29, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #5,838 of 41,281
Apr 29, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #5,839 of 41,281
Thanks all.

Unfortunately I've had that thing on the floor for months now and have either not had a place for it (which I do now), or been too close to moving to a new place (which is what's going on now). 

It's an original done by a family friend that I'm very proud to own and it will be on the wall at the new place. 

Quote:

Quote:
wow that looks awesome morbid! great job.

Agreed. 

Now hang up that artwork. 

Apr 29, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #5,840 of 41,281

Quote:
My setup, which occasionally has headphones plugged into it.......

woah! nice you have some B&W 704,s i was really wanting to lean to these but my budget would not allow it, but they really are good looking :) i currently have some b&w p5,s which are great and look nice as well, hope you are enjoy them :)

May 1, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #5,842 of 41,281
Still goin' strong. 

They sound pretty great but I'm still curious about other speakers. I definitely see myself upgrading by early next year but I like the Maggie sound. They do take up a lot of space though and unless I move to a bigger place I might have to cross them off the list for apartment living.

All that being said they sound great with anything I've thrown at them so far. The bass is satisfying enough for most music but I'd recommend a sub for bass heavy stuff. The wall of sound they throw is pretty cool. Really different from my vintage JBLs.

Quote:
Quote:

How are the MMGs?

May 1, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #5,843 of 41,281
Quote:
Still goin' strong. 

They sound pretty great but I'm still curious about other speakers. I definitely see myself upgrading by early next year but I like the Maggie sound. They do take up a lot of space though and unless I move to a bigger place I might have to cross them off the list for apartment living.

All that being said they sound great with anything I've thrown at them so far. The bass is satisfying enough for most music but I'd recommend a sub for bass heavy stuff. The wall of sound they throw is pretty cool. Really different from my vintage JBLs.

Interesting, thanks.  I was considering them but seeing as I'm in an apartment, I'll probably pass.  I know panel speakers need air to breathe behind them too.  Space is far too expensive in NYC.  
color]

May 1, 2012 at 11:08 AM Post #5,844 of 41,281
Interesting, thanks.  I was considering them but seeing as I'm in an apartment, I'll probably pass.  I know panel speakers need air to breathe behind them too.  Space is far too expensive in NYC.  
color]

Sad truth about any speakers pretty much. If you're in a small room/apartment, like most of us (young) head-fiers, you are going to have bad acoustics.
Probably one of the many reasons we tend to go for headphones. :)

May 1, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #5,845 of 41,281
Even with mediocre acoustics speakers sound better than headphones a lot of the time. Floorstanders can be a bit much but I'd go for a nice set of small stand speakers.

May 1, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #5,846 of 41,281
Current desk set up, added the newly finished Bottlehead back into the mix. 

May 1, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #5,848 of 41,281
:D

Yup. The 880/600 - really nice through the Crack. Ditto the HD600's. Closeup of the relevant portion.

May 1, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #5,849 of 41,281
^ I really like this setup, whats the DAC under the MBP?

May 1, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #5,850 of 41,281
Yulong D100. Really a great piece of kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back