Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Apr 28, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #5,806 of 41,366

Sorry for the bad quality, but what I'm currently running is: Marantz 2252b --> Project debut III turntable ---> Grado SR60i Thinking about buying a pair of Sennheiser HD600's. Anyone have any experience/suggestions about the integrated amp being able to drive those Senn's?

Apr 28, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #5,808 of 41,366

Quote:

Sorry for the bad quality, but what I'm currently running is: Marantz 2252b --> Project debut III turntable ---> Grado SR60i Thinking about buying a pair of Sennheiser HD600's. Anyone have any experience/suggestions about the integrated amp being able to drive those Senn's?

I bet that setup sounds sweet especially with older original vinyl.  Grado and Vinyl go really well together.

Apr 28, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #5,811 of 41,366
Apr 28, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #5,812 of 41,366

Quote:
The reciver will drive them just fine.

Sweet, thanks for the input!

Quote:

I bet that setup sounds sweet especially with older original vinyl.  Grado and Vinyl go really well together.

Yes, it's very warm and crisp sounding. Do you know how well Sennheiser handles vinyl?

Sennheiser and Grado are like polar opposites sound wise, make sure that's what you want before you buy. Otherwise you might just want to try a higher end Grado. :wink:
Vintage amps can be quite good for headphones, my Sherwood S-7210A was able to best my old Burson 160DS for not even 1/10th the price. The only real issues you come in contact with would be impedance mismatches. That only really would come up with low-impedance phones like your Grados though, if those sound fine then I don't think you'll have any worries. You can usually tell if you're having impedance problems because the bass will sound 'un-natural', if you had that problem you'd pick up on it rather quick.

Apr 28, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #5,813 of 41,366
Quick shot from my iPhone. On Tapatalk. Didn't feel like getting out the Nikon.

Looks like I'll be inputting a different image...

Apr 28, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #5,817 of 41,366

Quote:
Please get out the Nikon.
wink.gif

This image is horrible in comparison to you usual pictures.

Yeah, I'll redo that in a few minutes. My bad...

Apr 28, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #5,818 of 41,366
Here you go with the Nikon. HA-160DS - Toxic Cables SPC - HD650. I should have my Burson HA-160 + DA-160 combo here soon and may upgrade to an LCD-2 Rev. 2 sometime in the near future. For now, I'll stick with my HD650's.

Apr 28, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #5,819 of 41,366
Crop that bottom left corner out, or reshoot it with the table's edge causing a distraction, and you've got one brilliant photo!
Quote:
Here you go with the Nikon. HA-160DS - Toxic Cables SPC - HD650. I should have my Burson HA-160 + DA-160 combo here soon and may upgrade to an LCD-2 Rev. 2 sometime in the near future. For now, I'll stick with my HD650's.

Apr 28, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #5,820 of 41,366

Quote:
Sennheiser and Grado are like polar opposites sound wise, make sure that's what you want before you buy. Otherwise you might just want to try a higher end Grado.
wink.gif

Vintage amps can be quite good for headphones, my Sherwood S-7210A was able to best my old Burson 160DS for not even 1/10th the price. The only real issues you come in contact with would be impedance mismatches. That only really would come up with low-impedance phones like your Grados though, if those sound fine then I don't think you'll have any worries. You can usually tell if you're having impedance problems because the bass will sound 'un-natural', if you had that problem you'd pick up on it rather quick.

Yeah, I figured the Senn's would have a very different sound signature. I have thought about just upgrading to some 325i's or even the RS1's but I find that I haven't been listening to much metal or hard rock lately (why I bought the Grado's). I've been listening to stuff like Sigur Ros - more laid back. Plus I wanted to hear something different than the Grado's. I'll most likely audition before I buy, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back