Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Apr 28, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #5,823 of 41,214
My setup, which occasionally has headphones plugged into it.......

Great looking rig. Do the VU meters become distracting whilst watching movies? I have always had a soft spot for those amps. Absolutely classic look.

Apr 29, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #5,829 of 41,214
Quote:
Got new shelves and rearranged my office today: 

Nice setup! Is that an SPL Phonitor? How do you like it, does the crossfeed make a notable difference compared to a "regular" headphone amp? Tried it with the LCDs, any impressions? Cheers!

Apr 29, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #5,830 of 41,214

Quote:

Sorry for the bad quality, but what I'm currently running is: Marantz 2252b --> Project debut III turntable ---> Grado SR60i Thinking about buying a pair of Sennheiser HD600's. Anyone have any experience/suggestions about the integrated amp being able to drive those Senn's?

The HD580/HD600 is relatively easy to drive. They sound good with my receiver or from the headphone jack on my Sony CDP-211, although they sound even better with tube amps like the Little Dot MKIII. I find they compliment the SR60 very nicely (and are much more comfortable). I would always recommend trying them out first before buying, but I think you'll like them.

Very nice turntable btw. Ditto for the receiver. I've always loved the look of the old Marantz and Pioneer receivers.

Apr 29, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #5,831 of 41,214

Quote:
My setup, which occasionally has headphones plugged into it.......

Is that a McIntosh preamp I see? 
biggrin.gif

Apr 29, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #5,832 of 41,214
Sorry for the bad quality, but what I'm currently running is: Marantz 2252b --> Project debut III turntable ---> Grado SR60i Thinking about buying a pair of Sennheiser HD600's. Anyone have any experience/suggestions about the integrated amp being able to drive those Senn's?

If it drives the SR60i well, then it will most likely drive the HD600's even better.
Most receivers like that tend to have high impedance outputs on the headphone jacks. This usually means they can drive high impedance headphones better than low impedance ones. Since the SR60i is of lower impedance, I think it'll drive the HD600's just fine.

I couldn't find the exact specs of the headphone output, but the manual does say "It [the headphone jack] is internally connected to the power amplifier section through isolation resistors to provide adequate sound level...".
This confirms the high output impedance of the amp, and also means it should have plenty power for the HD600's.

Also, what volume settings are you using when playing through the SR60's?

Apr 29, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #5,834 of 41,214

Rearranged the furniture again. Going to need to buy that next set of VTI shelves sooner rather than later. Popped that Crown preamp into the mix which means I can finally hear my Calyx DAC in my 2ch rig. 

Oh, and don't worry. the LF isn't directly on the carpet. :D

Lately I've been running completely computer based. I'm controlling the iMac via screen sharing from my MBP. Hopefully I'll end up with a Mac Mini and mainly controlling it via iPad. 

Audirvana Plus has been fantastic lately. Finally found a software I can settle down with. Works flawlessly with iTunes integration which means it will also work perfectly via the iTunes Remote app.

Apr 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #5,835 of 41,214
wow that looks awesome morbid! great job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back